Orion

TrailHunter

Hooked
I literally can install a new set of ball joints in half the time it takes to rebuild a set Dynatrac's.
Exactly.. and I own a $700 Snap on Ball Joint Tool that would cut that time down even more. It sat on my shelf and mocked me the whole time. Lol

2 simple things would make the Dynatrac Joints worth it… and turn it into an easy rebuild:

1. Ship the New Joints with New Studs already pressed together.

2. On the lower BJ… A bottom boot that snaps in place or is captured some how.. No “GLUE“

I’ll give the Synergy adjustable a shot next time.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly.. and I own a $700 Snap on Ball Joint Tool that would cut that time down even more. It sat on my shelf and mocked me the whole time. Lol

2 simple things would make the Dynatrac Joints worth it… and turn it into an easy rebuild:

2. On the lower BJ… A bottom boot that snaps in place and extends down to the nut … which would hold some pressure on it. No “GLUE“

LOL about your Snap on tool that was mocking you.

Well said, great points and I'm sorry to hear you had to experience this for yourself.

As you know, I've run them on multiple Jeeps but stopped recommending them quite some time ago. Good ball joints but far from being "rebuildable" or worth it or at least, in the opinion of anyone who's actually tried doing it for themselves.

Also, Synergy or the HD Crowns or just about any of the HD joints made today (pretty much all the same thing) made for a JK is what I would do the next time around. Fast and easy.

TrailHunter

Hooked

Well said, great points and I'm sorry to hear you had to experience this for yourself.

As you know, I've run them on multiple Jeeps but stopped recommending them quite some time ago. Good ball joints but far from being "rebuildable" or worth it or at least, in the opinion of anyone who's actually tried doing it for themselves.

Also, Synergy or the HD Crowns or just about any of the HD joints made today (pretty much all the same thing) made for a JK is what I would do the next time around. Fast and easy.

Well at least the The ProGrip rebuild was pleasant. 😬

jeeeep

Hooked

2. On the lower BJ… A bottom boot that snaps in place or is captured some how.. No “GLUE“

for the recommended 3-hour glue dry time, you can be done with any other ball joint swap and driving.

TrailHunter

Hooked
for the recommended 3-hour glue dry time, you can be done with any other ball joint swap and driving.
Exactly.. The first side I did sat 3 hours+ with pressure on it.. then a couple more hours until I greased it… of course the grease blew out and separated the boot in a small spot. (and I prepped it pretty dam good) so now I have to deal with trying to seal that.. The other side has sat over night so we’ll see. Total f’n headache.

duktrx

This is good to know; I figure I'm due for ball joints soon; I was leaning toward Dynatrac's.

Top Bottom