ORE Coilover Question.

WillMooseJaw

After looking at both front suspension options for coilovers I don't know which to go with. I know the bolt ins are a much more simple install, but if I get the 12" weld in coilovers this would let me plan for the future a little more. Plus, the weld ins for the front are a little cheaper, but the install cost would be a lot more. Just wanting opinions on either lift and which way I should go! I'm just getting the front done at the moment then saving for an evo-lever in the rear. :)

If you think there's even a remote chance that you will want to upgrade to a DTD in the future, get the weld in kit.

If you think there's even a remote chance that you will want to upgrade to a DTD in the future, get the weld in kit.

There is, but for the weld in I would have to pay to get it installed. I could do the bolt in myself. Do you have a general estimate on how much that'll set me back?

There is, but for the weld in I would have to pay to get it installed. I could do the bolt in myself. Do you have a general estimate on how much that'll set me back?

When I was looking at the weld in kit I think EVO told me its an 8 hour install? So Say normal shop rate is $90-$110 an hour, looking at ball park $720-$880 for install labor. :thumb:

When I was looking at the weld in kit I think EVO told me its an 8 hour install? So Say normal shop rate is $90-$110 an hour, looking at ball park $720-$880 for install labor. :thumb:

Okay, I'll definitely have to take that into consideration.

I've been planning my next build for when I get home, and after pricing out the systems, I've decided on the Double Throw down. I looked at the bolt on front coilovers/ rear Evo lever, weld on front coilovers/rear evo lever, and the DTD system front and rear. The cost of the DTD over the base weld on system w/evo lever isn't really that much more for the purchase price when you look at the overall cost of the system. Even the quote for installation of the systems I got from a shop in Phoenix that Mel referred me to isn't that much higher for the DTD over the standard weld on coilovers. It's worth it to me, and knowing me, if I went with the standard system, I'd probably upgrade to the DTD down the road, so I'm going DTD from the get go.

EVO ran a special quite a while back for the whole kit with installation saying "Complete Double Throw Down Kit with everything you need to prerun" for 13K. Not sure what they run it at now.

Top Bottom