Or Fab cage with trex top nx

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I thought the same. Plus mirrors don't weigh a lot so huge clamps aren't really necessary (but more power to you since you could make them; I'd do the same if I had the skill and tools.)

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sorry Silverback...I kind of got this thread off on a tangent and away from your original question about the Trektop. :crazyeyes:

silverbackjk

I looked at the Rock Hard clamps but decided they were too pricey so I made my own. Helps to have access to a lathe and a mill. Mounted mirrors and a tablet to the cage.

84B5CE6E-C70D-422A-973F-0F0588F47829-16133-00000DE922E1F9F1_zps501cb661.jpg

3DB742D4-93B3-4908-B4A3-9929D808AA8E-16874-00000E5993A91F17_zps300c0da8.jpg

3DFB9757-7309-449F-BD0D-FA4139F619B2-16874-00000E598AB4CE28_zps169b77fd.jpg

Sweet set up. Did you have to cut the dash at all to install the cage?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Skirmish

Thanks guys.

Not the top but you get rid of the sides, cut some aluminum fins off the firewall/side dash and trim plastic all over.

The A pilar support comes down to the top of the dash and a plate follows the sides down.

silverbackjk

No worries. It's a great setup and was truly something for which I constantly received compliments. It looks great and really blends into the interior well. (It even passed the wife test:yup:) I mounted an external CB speaker to mine which worked great, and I had plans for other stuff as well (like removable side mirrors for running doorless) but sold my Jeep before I got the chance.

I'm not sure if you have purchased something from OR-Fab before, but they could teach a lot of other manufacturers a thing or two about packing. Unpacking the cage will take you some time and is likely to create a mess. I think OR-Fab literally fills the box with liquid packing foam that completely encases and protects every single part. If you have a significant other who doesn't appreciate little pieces of packing material all over the house, unpack in the garage. The only downside to OR-Fab's unbelievable packing job is that you have to be very careful to make sure you actually pulled everything out of the box and packing foam before you throw the boxes away.

If you carry passengers, I would consider adding the Poison Spyder "C" pillars at some point. I bugged OR-Fab about making me some (and also some reasonably priced accessory clamps) but they never took the bait.

For me I think for the price and safety with the floor bracket it was best bang for the buck. I have been considering doing the c pillars lint mtg did. My back seat carries my most important goods. The kid and the dog.

silverbackjk

Sorry Silverback...I kind of got this thread off on a tangent and away from your original question about the Trektop. :crazyeyes:

You don't have to apologize. I love seeing all the ideas people have. I am fairly new to jeeps and I just love reading everyone tips. Shit I would of never thought about adding rubber to the floor bracket till it was to late and the door smacked the side of the jeep and lots of F bombs would of followed!

MTG

Caught the Bug
For me I think for the price and safety with the floor bracket it was best bang for the buck. I have been considering doing the c pillars lint mtg did. My back seat carries my most important goods. The kid and the dog.

And for my next trick I am thinking about using some collars like these: http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-1200.htm

Having some tubing welded to those and clamp it to my C-pillar supports. Viola! A rear seat belt 4 point harnes anchor point that is removable as needed. :thumb:

How's that for a hijack? :cheesy:

silverbackjk

And for my next trick I am thinking about using some collars like these: http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-1200.htm

Having some tubing welded to those and clamp it to my C-pillar supports. Viola! A rear seat belt 4 point harnes anchor point that is removable as needed. :thumb:

What you are geniuses! That would be a killer setup. If you do this you must do a write up.

silverbackjk

You must be from jersey with all that disposable income!! Haha and have 6 trail rigs

silverbackjk

LOL!

Nope. Just simple white trash from the wild Wild West. ;)

Is it me or does the reno area grow on you. The more i go there to visit family the more i like it. I'm for nor cal and always said i would never move to reno when my mom first moved there and we visited. But i am thinking when my wife is done getting her RN we might have to consider it. Am i just crazy.:thinking:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Is it me or does the reno area grow on you. The more i go there to visit family the more i like it. I'm for nor cal and always said i would never move to reno when my mom first moved there and we visited. But i am thinking when my wife is done getting her RN we might have to consider it. Am i just crazy.:thinking:

Naw you're not crazy. Here is my :twocents: on Reno. I grew up here for the most part and left right after high school swearing never to come back. 10 years later I found myself with a chance to move here for work. I was reluctant but it was a nice compromise for places my wife and I wanted to live. Here are some of the reasons:
No state income tax.
It's not California.
My daily commute at my old house was 7 minutes, it is now 15.
Housing prices are now again fairly reasonable.
I can be at the airport within about 20-25 minutes from my house.
I don't have to get there 2 hours before to park, check-in, pass security...30-45 minutes is my norm.
I can be anywhere in the west with 2-3 hour flight or less.
3 hour drive to San Francisco if I want a nice big city.
4 seasons with 300 days of sunshine
Tahoe is 30 minutes away
I can be on the ski slopes within 15 minutes (30 from town), do 6-8 runs and be in the office by 10:30 or 11:00

There is more, but as far as quality of life, there are much worse places to be. From someone who swore never to live here again, I have to say that yes, it does grow on you. ;)

Top Bottom