Options on Adjusting Caster

JudeinPa

I have been looking at several options to adjust my caster back to the normal range. Some of the options are buying a pre-set lower control arms such as the Teraflex Sport Arms or a set of the AEV Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Brackets.

The brackets seem to a good option as you gain both upper & lower adjustment which would put the front drive shaft at a better angle as well as help with the steering wander I have noticed with my 2.5" lift.

Buying a set of adjustable lower front control arms would give a better range of adjustment but don't know if I really need to with a small lift.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
With the drop brackets you are intentionally taking away from your ground clearance. If you get a set of adjustable LCAs with Currie joints you will not have to worry about replacing them if you go up in lift height.

If you are stuck on the drop brackets, take a look at Ranchos as they are a box design and are stronger than AEVs.

Rccrwlr

I have been looking at several options to adjust my caster back to the normal range. Some of the options are buying a pre-set lower control arms such as the Teraflex Sport Arms or a set of the AEV Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Brackets.

The brackets seem to a good option as you gain both upper & lower adjustment which would put the front drive shaft at a better angle as well as help with the steering wander I have noticed with my 2.5" lift.

Buying a set of adjustable lower front control arms would give a better range of adjustment but don't know if I really need to with a small lift.

You state you need to be able to adjust your caster but then state you don't think you need adjustable front LCA?! Confused. Do it right the first time. The angles you are talking about, 4*, are very small but make a large difference in how the Jeep drives. If your noticing steering issues get the LCA and be done

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Having just removed the AEV brackets in favor of EVO lowers. I noticed no difference in ride, however, after two recent offroad trips, I know I would have torn up the brackets.

If you ever change your front driveshaft, having the ability to tweak your caster/pinion could prove very helpful if you need to eliminate vibes.

JudeinPa

You state you need to be able to adjust your caster but then state you don't think you need adjustable front LCA?! Confused. Do it right the first time. The angles you are talking about, 4*, are very small but make a large difference in how the Jeep drives. If your noticing steering issues get the LCA and be done

Rccrwlr, what I meant was with the first 2 options do I reallly need an adjustable FLCA. Being I only have a 2.5" lift do I need to be able to adjust more than what the fixed FLCA or the brackets comes with.

I do see everyones post on the adjustable is the way to go and will have to evaluate my pocketbook.:D Thank you for all your recomendations as I will be deciding one way or another to get my steering back to normal.

Rccrwlr

Rccrwlr, what I meant was with the first 2 options do I reallly need an adjustable FLCA. Being I only have a 2.5" lift do I need to be able to adjust more than what the fixed FLCA or the brackets comes with.

I do see everyones post on the adjustable is the way to go and will have to evaluate my pocketbook.:D Thank you for all your recomendations as I will be deciding one way or another to get my steering back to normal.

Have you taken a measurement from your current axle setup?

Last edited:
Top Bottom