Onboard Air Compressor Thoughts

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
I know ARB has been around awhile but does anyone have any real world feedback on the Rough Country Twin Air compressor or any other compressor? A compressor is in my near future and the price tag on this compressor is enticing. I plan on running E Lockers so I don't need air for that. Warranty and CFM's seem to be comparable to the ARB. Just wondering if it overheats easily.

My next question is what mounting setup are you running? Currently I'm planning on a under the seat mount.

1702488836811.png

kevman65

Hooked
All the numbers match up between the two, except of course price.

Nowhere on the RC page does it state Country of origin. But then again ARB states assembled in Australia without stating where parts come from.

So, it's a roll of the dice on dependability. But it does carry the 3 year warranty.

jeeeep

Hooked
I know ARB has been around awhile but does anyone have any real world feedback on the Rough Country Twin Air compressor or any other compressor? A compressor is in my near future and the price tag on this compressor is enticing. I plan on running E Lockers so I don't need air for that. Warranty and CFM's seem to be comparable to the ARB. Just wondering if it overheats easily.

My next question is what mounting setup are you running? Currently I'm planning on a under the seat mount.

View attachment 399240
  • 100% Duty Cycle
  • Equipped with Heat Protection Circuit.
I'd say it's Apples to Apples with ARB

kevman65

Hooked
  • 100% Duty Cycle
  • Equipped with Heat Protection Circuit.
I'd say it's Apples to Apples with ARB
Parts are probably to ARB specs out of the same factory that makes their parts.

Not the first, nor last time it will happen.

OP, the mounting specs are close enough ( within .03" ) that any ARB mounting bracket should work with little to no modification.

Breer

Caught the Bug
There is some great info out there about ARB knockoff compressors. If you do a quick Google search there are some decent tear down videos between the two. I was tempted but after doing some research I wasn't feeling good about the knockoffs and their internals. The rough country is probably the same knockoff compressor I would think. 👍

Waffleman

How much are you planning on using it? I'd say if you're only using it periodically and not an everyday or multiple times a week deal, it might be worth rolling the dice and see how it performs. I was in the same dilemma with a fridge.....really liked the ARB....but couldn't stomach the price for only using it 5-10 times a year. I rolled the dice on the Rough Country fridge, and it's been rock solid for 3 years.

Top Bottom