Okay, I'm an idiot - What's a C???

jagrubb99

What makes no sense, that you can get better gas mileage?

Let me ask you this, would a vehicle run better at higher altitudes or at sea level?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
What the shit? There is no possible way you can get better gas mileage just with a regear and larger tires. If that was true, priuses would come stock with 40s. Wonder why they come with wheels that look like dinner plates?? Also, engines typically run slightly at sea level because there is more oxygen available in the same amount of space for the combustion of gasoline but the difference is pretty negligible, but im not sure what point you were even trying to make with that statement.

trailless

Caught the Bug
What makes no sense, that you can get better gas mileage?

Let me ask you this, would a vehicle run better at higher altitudes or at sea level?

I'm still a bit confused when you said stock.

A. Stock as in stock tires & stock gears

or

B. Stock as is stock gears with the 37" tires

671JKU

And there ya go!! The difference is not negligible which is why race tracks across the country have corrected times because they're racing at higher altitudes!! Just because I didn't say, no one bothered to ask if I have any other mods on my JK but that doesn't matter because everyone has written it off as impossible but what do I know cause I'm not an expert.

jagrubb99

And there ya go!! The difference is not negligible which is why race tracks across the country have corrected times because they're racing at higher altitudes!! Just because I didn't say, no one bothered to ask if I have any other mods on my JK but that doesn't matter because everyone has written it off as impossible but what do I know cause I'm not an expert.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Eugene

Come on guys he's clearly running 80psi in the tyres to get the contact patch down and only driving down hill.

Or maybe it's the flux capacitor......

donks.jpg

86 MPG. True story.

WJCO

Meme King
This is awesome info for people wanting to or considering making the jump from 35's to 37's.

One good question to ask is, "What is your intention with your rig?"

I am running Toyo Open Country MTR's in 37"x13.5R20 configuration and drive this daily with no issues. After regearing the Jeep with 5:38 Yukon ring & pinion I actually get better gas mileage than stock. These tires are quiet on the road and offer exceptional performance off road as well. Regearing is crucial when upgrading to larger tires otherwise you start causing undue stress and wear on other parts.

e6c0f87a83565496a4633f31e488c9bb83fb420cb9423025b698e48b193cb70a.jpg

Everything was done after regearing and it's funny how there's so much negativity in here. It seems that everyone is an "expert" at something being talked about in here but it's all just lips flapping and fingers tapping like true keyboard warriors.

Cool story indeed. No one stopped to consider all the elements involved without jumping the gun but like I said, everyone's an expert in here.[emoji849][emoji57]

IMG_20161008_150011_358.jpg

Top Bottom