Offroad Evolution shop thread!

Ok back to this dilemma... is this just a nut? Or part of a another threaded sleeve like on the new spanner wrench style?

Attachments

• 1437147727368.jpg
    1437147727368.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 470
  • 1437147747558.jpg
    1437147747558.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 469
They should be the same thing. It's the on rig adjustment sleeve.
Thanks. Any idea if its normal or reverse threaded? Im gonna have to pull em any way cause mine need shorted but ive got the big nut/sleeve all the way in and the JJ screwed out. Trial and error my friend. Lol

Panda

Your only adjusting, no need to crank hard!!
Sometimes it takes a little effort to get them moving :yup:
Not saying that the channel locks are the way to go but you could also wrap a rag around the nut and then grab it with the channel locks.

I agree channel locks make it easier :yup: If your gonna wheel it I wouldn't worry about a few channel lock marks in the adjuster, the rocks will do worse damage ;)

JKRicky

I had to adjust mine last night and to be honest I forgot if it's reverse threaded. If I remember right, turning jam nut(with sleeve) counter clockwise lengthened the CA and of course clockwise shortened it. If that's not right you'll see it.

From what I remember also, you have to set them up at initial install with the jam somewhat threaded out (as in my pic) if not, you won't be able to adjust since it will already be bottomed out. Hope this makes sense lol

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437193953.548109.jpg

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Sometimes it takes a little effort to get them moving :yup:

I agree channel locks make it easier :yup: If your gonna wheel it I wouldn't worry about a few channel lock marks in the adjuster, the rocks will do worse damage ;)

Who wheels their jeep? That's just crazy! Lol. Although I have yet to do much in mine. 😞 Leaving for Colorado today though! So that will change.

From what I remember also, you have to set them up at initial install with the jam somewhat threaded out (as in my pic) if not, you won't be able to adjust since it will already be bottomed out.
ummm yea, about that...lol. i did not think that far ahead, so guess who will be pullin their lca's off to adjust them...

Who wheels their jeep? That's just crazy! Lol.
ha i get it all the time...people say "you take that thing offroad? Your crazy!!!"

Top Bottom