Off road trails in Virginia

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Sorry, I will be in Massanutten and want something fairly close, are Shoe creek and big level close? Anything else in that area?

Flagpole would be a lot closer you're going to be 2 hours(ish) from shoe creek

JK_b/c_yolo is correct, flag pole is a lot closer than Shoe Creek and Big levels. There is also Peters Mill run. I've never done that one.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Where is flag pole?

Mr.Ty, take this, it's been 10+ years since I've been there. William and Mary used to have a big end on the year party up there back in my single days. Where else to go then a field full of college girls! :) Lol

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Where is flag pole?

From Harrisonburg, head west on us33 towards West Virginia. You'll enter George Washington National Forest and eventually hit a series of hair pin turns as you climb over the mountains. After ten or so of these hair pin turns you'll see a left turning lane. That skid fork rd and is the dirt road that eventually turns into the Flag Pole trail.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Thanks, gonna give it a look. Probably go Saturday or Sunday, haven't decided yet but pretty flexible on it. Anybody wants to come along just let me know.

Last edited:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Found Skid fork road but it was blocked off so we had to go around to Union Springs to get in, did the whole road all the way around, took about 3 1/2 hrs. Solo run and only got a few pictures.

Last edited:
Top Bottom