Off road trailers

sunnysideup

heres mine...

Been a two year process... built from scraps....
P1070805.jpg
P1070090.jpg

It carries 18 gallons of water and has an external spout. 10 gallons fuel. Tool box. Extra battery and inverter. Two 4 ft long drawers that slide out the back. The center area is 30 inches wide, 35 high, and 4.5 feet deep for storage containers, coolers etc. Has two fishing pole mounts on one side. Ax, Hatchet, Shovel, bow saw, tent spikes -all mounted externally. A huge storage bin to put firewood, chairs, or even a deer in... etc. A smittybuilt roof top tent (400 in Tread lightly auction). I have 3 camper jacks stored inside and a table. A propane tank mounts inside rear storage box (10gal) and a table that folds out at the rear that the stove sits on. A solar charger keeps the battery full. It has several external led lights wired into it.

It tows awesome... just camped for 5 days out of it, and had no problems. Been in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and Montana with it so far!

I will need to post some new pics... I just put a wider axle under it, new fenders and in now runs on my stock jeep rims and 32 inch tires! The spare has been removed from the bottom and I'm looking for a new mount idea.
It is water proof, and dust proof for the most part. But it is fun to work on in winter when camping doesn't sound fun.

Last edited:

RUBEERCON

Getting closer. Roof rack and rock/ tree rails are next. May paint the top to match my billet silver. May leave it white and sticker it up as I travel. It's a multi purpose trailer, I'll work and play with this one. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471876369.684523.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471876387.732791.jpg

sunnysideup

here are updated photos...

Here are the more updated photos of my project! Been used a lot this year and really is working great!
P1080774.jpg
P1080775.jpg
P1080546.jpg

Just keep getting the bugs out of it... working great now! Running 33's and stock rims....

Brute

Hooked
queets 2.jpg queets 3.jpg queets 4.jpg queets 5.jpg queets 9.jpg

Heres a couple pics of mine...63 qt arb fridge on a slider, on demand hot water heater for the hand held shower & sink, 3 burner stove, JB rooftop tent on a gas assist strut movable platform, 3 full extensions and a mosquito room for the awning (only 1 extension shown), copius platform mounted & rock lights, tri-axis Maxi-Hitch, rolls on 37"s...

Brute

Hooked
Very nice trl, is it custom made?

The main unit is manufactured by Shutte Ind as Xventure Trailer...you can supplement the options like adding a larger fridge, rooftop tent, awnings, wheels & tires...I also added a receiver hitch mounted Warn 9.5 cti winch which can either fit into my tow hitch of the Brute or the trailer in the event of needing to unhitched it & winch it over an obstacle

stormtroopedjk

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471995589.094296.jpg
Me and my pops have been getting a little more work done. Tacked a light mount in place to decide if we like the lights here. This is were we have decided to leave them. Finished welding the cross bars completely and now we have begun go figure out what to do to fix our rubbing issue with the tires hitting the tub. Hoping a 33/10.50/15 will solve the issue. It's running a 33/12.50/15 at the moment. Rather not go wider axle..

Top Bottom