Off Road Evolution

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
my experience has been all online or over the phone and everytime i have called ORE they have helped a lot! great service and have answered all of my questions. i know on a lot of orders they usually have to wait on KING since they are custom valved so that may play a part into whats going on. also im sure they are backed up a little since KOH just got done. i would give drew a call. i am sure he will help you

ak49

Have you called them? And it's going to to more then $30k. Also all of there prices are online.

I was assuming the 30k mark after I sold the factory D44's, 35" toyo's, wheels, etc. Seems like I haven't been able to get a response in the last few weeks.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nope, not my experience at all. ORE is great! Usually recieve a quote within a day or the same day. Send Drew a PM. :thumb:

Capita

I'm just curious how everyone else's experience has been. I sent my jeep to them in december and let them know my jeep wasn't necessarily a priority. I've asked multiple times for a quote on what it would take to upgrade my evo bolt on coilover system with dd long arm kit to the dtd front and dtd evolever. I have yet to receive a response. Based on the fact that I would be switching the D44 to PR60's, 40's, etc. I assumed a 30k price tag, but I haven't received a quote yet. Is this normal? I assumed that someone that already had the bolt-on coilovers and was wanting to upgrade to 40's and the evolever, dtd, that at least they would get a somewhat quick response as far as cost of upgrades. Am I missing something? In my reasoning, someone willing to drop 30k on an upgrade would normally get a quote fairly quickly and not have to wait 2 months for a quote.

Not sure why you're asking a forum about miscommunication between a company and yourself. Also, to assume you get special treatment based on the amount of money you're spending is ignorant.

GCM 2

I'm just curious how everyone else's experience has been. I sent my jeep to them in december and let them know my jeep wasn't necessarily a priority. I've asked multiple times for a quote on what it would take to upgrade my evo bolt on coilover system with dd long arm kit to the dtd front and dtd evolever. I have yet to receive a response. Based on the fact that I would be switching the D44 to PR60's, 40's, etc. I assumed a 30k price tag, but I haven't received a quote yet. Is this normal? I assumed that someone that already had the bolt-on coilovers and was wanting to upgrade to 40's and the evolever, dtd, that at least they would get a somewhat quick response as far as cost of upgrades. Am I missing something? In my reasoning, someone willing to drop 30k on an upgrade would normally get a quote fairly quickly and not have to wait 2 months for a quote.

I have known the owner of Off Road Evolution for many years, and I can say the guy has probably not forgotten about you or your build, but it is always possible since it is one of the busiest, most sought after places to take a vehicle too. If you buy a t-shirt from him or do $100,000 worth of custom build you get the same level of customer service that is always outstanding, he does not provide different levels of customer service associated with different dollar amounts. Some big money players probably don't like this, but it's how Mel does business.

Every time I have been to the shop, there is zero free space available because of the amount of work he has to get accomplished. The last two months have been particularly hectic for the shop. For starters, he did take a Christmas vacation overseas for a couple of weeks and he did just participate in the King of the Hammers race which took up almost two full weeks of the shops time to prep the race cars and be out at the races.

Give the shop a call, express you situation and any unhappiness you may have. I am pretty certain you will not be left hanging if you are polite and courteous.

ak49

Not sure why you're asking a forum about miscommunication between a company and yourself. Also, to assume you get special treatment based on the amount of money you're spending is ignorant.

I'm not assuming I get special treatment based on the amount of money I'm considering spending. My only question was whether or not people receive similar delays....whether it's for a $10 shirt or a $1,000,000 build.

ak49

I have known the owner of Off Road Evolution for many years, and I can say the guy has probably not forgotten about you or your build, but it is always possible since it is one of the busiest, most sought after places to take a vehicle too. If you buy a t-shirt from him or do $100,000 worth of custom build you get the same level of customer service that is always outstanding, he does not provide different levels of customer service associated with different dollar amounts. Some big money players probably don't like this, but it's how Mel does business.

Every time I have been to the shop, there is zero free space available because of the amount of work he has to get accomplished. The last two months have been particularly hectic for the shop. For starters, he did take a Christmas vacation overseas for a couple of weeks and he did just participate in the King of the Hammers race which took up almost two full weeks of the shops time to prep the race cars and be out at the races.

Give the shop a call, express you situation and any unhappiness you may have. I am pretty certain you will not be left hanging if you are polite and courteous.

I completely agree. I have no issue with them giving the same treatment to someone that spends $10 vs. $1,000,000. I actually prefer that type of treatment! My only question has been how long it normally takes for a response. I know Mel was in the UAE during Christmas. I've been there many times. I also understand the KOH just completed. That's why I haven't really pressed ORE about quotes. I was merely just asking other people's experiences. I'm not talking down about ORE in any way. I'm currently overseas and am just wondering about completion timelines, etc.

ChaosNein

I'm not assuming I get special treatment based on the amount of money I'm considering spending. My only question was whether or not people receive similar delays....whether it's for a $10 shirt or a $1,000,000 build.

my apologies... just been slammed, i will get this to you today!

ak49

my apologies... just been slammed, i will get this to you today!

Drew, if it takes a week or two I'm not worried about it. I'm just trying to prioritize for the $$ the next couple weeks and hopefully get the remaining available parts in the for sale section.

Like I said..I understand the KOH have obviously and understandably taken priorities.

GCM 2

I completely agree. I have no issue with them giving the same treatment to someone that spends $10 vs. $1,000,000. I actually prefer that type of treatment! My only question has been how long it normally takes for a response. I know Mel was in the UAE during Christmas. I've been there many times. I also understand the KOH just completed. That's why I haven't really pressed ORE about quotes. I was merely just asking other people's experiences. I'm not talking down about ORE in any way. I'm currently overseas and am just wondering about completion timelines, etc.

Well, if you are only looking for people's personal experiences with the shop, I can say that its the reason why Mel and I are now close friends because my experience was really good. I may be a little biased because I do sit next to him in the race cars, but I do still pay for all my parts and labor at the shop and my stuff gets completed when the shop gets it completed ;) The majority of the people here are going to express good things about the shop. However, there is nothing magical happening behind the scenes at ORE, it is just a shop that does great work. There are only so many hours in the work day, and only so many mechanics turning wrenches. Just give the guys a call, talk with Drew here on the forum and get it all sorted out. :thumb:

Edit; I see Mr Drew has chimed in!

Last edited:

ttfhell

I've been waiting for a response for three weeks. I mean how difficult can it be? I only wanted pricing on a leopard print ORE themed corset with matching 3" heels with the logo on the soles.
Hurry Drew. Valentine's is tomorrow.

TheDuff

I've been waiting for a response for three weeks. I mean how difficult can it be? I only wanted pricing on a leopard print ORE themed corset with matching 3" heels with the logo on the soles.

Oh man, your BF is gonna be upset with you If you don't have that outfit in time:p:p:p

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug

Oh man, your BF is gonna be upset with you If you don't have that outfit in time:p:p:p

You just blew Overlander's Valentine's Day surprise. :grayno:

pastorwug

Drew is a good guy, always been right on time with my requests and the work done.
Any work done on my JKU has either been done by myself or by ORE - worth every $$$.

Top Bottom