NorCal High Lakes Run

awesome pictures everyone! looks like a blast, my enforcer kit will be here this week and ill be able to go out and start enjoying my jk a little more! if we aren't all around for Panda's trip we should look at doing a s/g somewheres in the middle! or I know I have said it before, my street would look pretty sexy with some rigs parked along it and my deck has 3 grills on it. :rock:

TheStick

On my list for this summer. Couple questions...

What are the better camping spots? i.e. less crowded, better lakes, fishing, good spots, etc...
What is the best enterance? Coming from the West up 70.

Thanks! Looks like a great place!

On my list for this summer. Couple questions...

What are the better camping spots? i.e. less crowded, better lakes, fishing, good spots, etc...
What is the best enterance? Coming from the West up 70.

Thanks! Looks like a great place!

Best entrance is going through paradise to magalia and up to inskip, etc. If you keep following that road (skyway and humbug summit) it will take you to "T-line" where you make a turn into private property and head towards the trailhead.

Some if the best camping is at Long and Campbell Lakes. You can camp right on the water it's beautiful. These will tend to be the main spots people camp so they could get traffic. You can also camp at Spring Valley Lake but this is right next to the entrance and gets a ton of traffic. Depending on your rig(s) you can camp at Bear Lake which is more secluded but tougher for some to get too. You can also go down to Morris Lake and camp but the trail is a lot tougher than the rest of the area but I can almost guarantee there will be no traffic down there, haha. The last lake I would recommend is Mud Lake which is one of the farthest lakes in and one of the smallest but usually has great fishing. Not too difficult to get too but takes a couple hours and you may encounter a lot of fallen trees so carry a chainsaw if ya have it.

Let me know when you're thinking of heading up and I may be able to join ya. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know.

TheStick

Best entrance is going through paradise to magalia and up to inskip, etc. If you keep following that road (skyway and humbug summit) it will take you to "T-line" where you make a turn into private property and head towards the trailhead.

Some if the best camping is at Long and Campbell Lakes. You can camp right on the water it's beautiful. These will tend to be the main spots people camp so they could get traffic. You can also camp at Spring Valley Lake but this is right next to the entrance and gets a ton of traffic. Depending on your rig(s) you can camp at Bear Lake which is more secluded but tougher for some to get too. You can also go down to Morris Lake and camp but the trail is a lot tougher than the rest of the area but I can almost guarantee there will be no traffic down there, haha. The last lake I would recommend is Mud Lake which is one of the farthest lakes in and one of the smallest but usually has great fishing. Not too difficult to get too but takes a couple hours and you may encounter a lot of fallen trees so carry a chainsaw if ya have it.

Let me know when you're thinking of heading up and I may be able to join ya. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know.

Awesome info, thanks man!

I'm still in a stock JKUR right now, but will be on 35's by the time I make the run. I still might be sporting the stock rails by that times as well, not sure, depends on how things go. I do already have some extra belly protection. All lakes fair game with these specs?

I will definitely let you know when I plan to go, I would think probably May-June timeframe, assuming the weak snow pack this year. It is a bit of a trek for me, so I want to do it with some nice weather and camp out a couple nights. Hell, that's my favorite part anyways :)

Awesome info, thanks man!

I'm still in a stock JKUR right now, but will be on 35's by the time I make the run. I still might be sporting the stock rails by that times as well, not sure, depends on how things go. I do already have some extra belly protection. All lakes fair game with these specs?

I will definitely let you know when I plan to go, I would think probably May-June timeframe, assuming the weak snow pack this year. It is a bit of a trek for me, so I want to do it with some nice weather and camp out a couple nights. Hell, that's my favorite part anyways :)

You will be able to go everywhere on 35's. Morris may be a little difficult at times but it's possible. I wouldn't do it solo.

Great, hopefully I can get some company :thumb:

As long as I'm not busy I will go. Outside of the drop zone it's my home away from home :thumb: if you want some more info you can search for the "friends of the high lakes" they have a site and Facebook. some info is good and some is...well, lacking haha. I run up there a lot so if you have questions on conditions of trail just shoot me a message.

TheStick

As long as I'm not busy I will go. Outside of the drop zone it's my home away from home :thumb: if you want some more info you can search for the "friends of the high lakes" they have a site and Facebook. some info is good and some is...well, lacking haha. I run up there a lot so if you have questions on conditions of trail just shoot me a message.

Will do :thumb:

Top Bottom