NORCAL: High Lakes Run and Camping - May 1 - 3

morris.jpg

The Plan:
We can meet up in Chico or Paradise if you want to go up the night before and set up camp. If you only want to do a day trip we can meet you at the trail head and/or another spot we all decide on. We will camp Friday night and Saturday Night and exit Sunday.

Camp Spots:
Our Goal would be to get a spot down by long lake but we will need to get a final number before deciding.

What ya need:
  • Camping Gear
  • Food and Water for your entire group for the entire trip
  • Proper Clothing for weather
  • Something to keep your trash in. You Haul it in, You Haul it out.
  • Firewood - if allowed

Requirements:
  • 4-Doors 32"+ Tires
  • 2-Doors 31"+ Tires
  • Tow Points Front / Rear
  • Rocker Guards
  • Recovery Gear
  • Full Size Spare
  • Fire Extinguisher

Recommendations:
  • 4-Doors 35"+ Tires
  • 2-Doors 33"+ Tires
  • Rear Locker
  • Winch
  • CB Radio

Going:

1. * Camping Nights
  2. MagellanJenn **
  3. Crippledpetey **
  4. tdijet
  5. MarkW13
  6. Bustedback
  7. 07JKSahara *

Last edited:

Rccrwlr

Going.

Most likely day trip. Assuming that sat is the big Trip day. Not sure if I can get Jen to camp.

Doing a day trip might be for me too. Looking at Saturday, I'll confirm as soon as I can, Kelly has been getting called into work almost daily these last couple weeks.

Well if you're just doing a day trip maybe I'll make you in charge of getting everyone out there, haha. Save me some time running out :bleh:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Gonna miss this one. Our son's birthday party is that weekend and my in-laws are in town as well. Have a safe trip!

Rccrwlr

And this is why I'm always on the maybe list. When I come no one else wants to! Can we consider this a private wheeling lesson from the master?!

07JKSahara

I need to check work, if I'm not in Denver that weekend we would probably camp one night. This would be a good one for my daughter, right?

07JKSahara

Ya that would go out there no problem. There is a chance of brush / tree branches rubbing though. Just an FYI.

Haha, sorry. Back story on this at Balletto, C asks me what my screen name is on the forum, Ricky says it. Her response is, "you're name is MY jeep?!?!" Hence her name tag at GnG was "it's my jeep." So, the 2 door is (I guess) hers!

Last edited:

07JKSahara

Caroline asked what the expected night time temperature will be. What's the nearest town to get weather from? I can't remember the small place you drive through.

Top Bottom