Nomad currently in KY

ridshack

I have an 09 JKU. Im About to regear with a rear ARB air locker. Ive been using my Jeep to tow a $3200 pound travel trailer and will be doing a big brake kit while Im at it. Im pretty frustrated that the J8 MC is not available, for a long time apparently. Ive been researching OEM options for a MC as I dont trust after market after reading one guy having 3 in a row fail on him.

WJCO

Meme King
I have an 09 JKU. Im About to regear with a rear ARB air locker. Ive been using my Jeep to tow a $3200 pound travel trailer and will be doing a big brake kit while Im at it. Im pretty frustrated that the J8 MC is not available, for a long time apparently. Ive been researching OEM options for a MC as I dont trust after market after reading one guy having 3 in a row fail on him.
Welcome. Why do you think you need to change out the master?

ridshack

Thank you for the hospitality. Im going with the Crown Automotive Big Brake kit and it has 2 piston calipers. I just spent 2 hours reading a very technical thread on brakes and I need to see how large the pistons are compared to stock. I was going off of TF big brake kit that recommended the J8 MC.

I might be just fine with the stock MC.

WJCO

Meme King
Thank you for the hospitality. Im going with the Crown Automotive Big Brake kit and it has 2 piston calipers. I just spent 2 hours reading a very technical thread on brakes and I need to see how large the pistons are compared to stock. I was going off of TF big brake kit that recommended the J8 MC.

I might be just fine with the stock MC.
I myself would try the brake kit first and get a feel for it. You can always add the master later if you think you need it. Changing brakes from factory can vary so much based on pad type, rotor surface area, caliper force, etc.

ridshack

That's good advice and what I'm planning. I think I got OCD on not finding a readily available OEM solution. I went deep thinking my answer was a search or page turn away. Lol 😆 It wasn't.

Top Bottom