Noise while turning or hard braking

andydna

Hi everyone,

I searched the internet and this forum but I’m not sure if other people’s experience is the same as the one I have on this noise that mostly happens while turning right (and on a hard brake occasionally)…

I attached a link of a 3-second video, the noise is right from the beginning.

Some initial searches turned out that it could be either the ball joints or the sway bar links…
What do you all think? Any experience or suggestions?

Appreciate it 🙏🏻
-Andy

andydna

Hi everyone,

I searched the internet and this forum but I’m not sure if other people’s experience is the same as the one I have on this noise that mostly happens while turning right (and on a hard brake occasionally)…

Some initial searches turned out that it could be either the ball joints or the sway bar links…

Appreciate it 🙏🏻
-Andy

Forgot to mention, it is a 2022 2-door Rubicon, purchased new 2 months ago…

JeepFan

Hooked
My best guess is possibly some loose lug nuts. I would check to make sure they're all torqued to 130 ft-lbs. Maybe your local dealer can get a look at it asap...

JimLee

Hooked
Hi everyone,

Appreciate it 🙏🏻
-Andy
Jeep sent out quite a few JL's with under torqued ball joints, but those generally made more of a clicking sound, it's worth a look though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Appreciate it 🙏🏻
-Andy
Being that you have a 2022, I seriously doubt that it's your ball joints but it could be sway bar links. I would check the bolts and nuts to see if maybe they are loose. This is a common problem.

andydna

Thank you everyone 🙏🏻
I don’t know much about cars and mechanics. I did notice one part makes some rattles when I move it intentionally… Is this normal and would that be the cause?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thank you everyone 🙏🏻
I don’t know much about cars and mechanics. I did notice one part makes some rattles when I move it intentionally… Is this normal and would that be the cause?

That’s your tie rod. It’s normal to move back and forth but shouldn’t move up and down.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I would check the adjuster coupler nut on the Draglink... ... and check the torque on the track bar bolt at the frame bracket... and the sway bar link bolts like Eddie said.

TrailHunter

Hooked
will do that, thanks for the advice 🙏
This may help from Wayalifes JL site:

andydna

This may help from Wayalifes JL site:

Great, I will reference to this when checking, appreciate it.

And thanks Eddie for such a thorough list 🙏🏻

andydna

Hi everyone,

While trying to look under the Jeep, I discovered some squeaking on top of the other noise mentioned, this squeaky noise wouldn’t be normal, would it? 🙏🏻

Top Bottom