No Lift

Logan1982

So living in Chicago we got dumped on with snow the past 24hrs. Needless to say that my neighbor behind me was stuck in the alley this morning. He asked if I could help him so I obliged. The snow in the alley was measured at 27"s. I hopped in my jeep and got through the snow with ease. Not saying that it was anything drastic but was surprised how my stock Jk Sport handled it. I was able to push his Acura back and made my way through the rest of the alley. I was very impressed!! I was debating in the past whether to get a lift or not but after today decided to give leave my Jeep as is. No Lift needed for what I use my Jeep for. The only things I will be upgrading are the tires when the stocks wear out and shocks. This goes back to someone telling me how capable a stock JK is from the get go.

As of right now you are content with how the Jeep sits and may for a very long time, however once the Jeep bug bites you will be looking at lifts especially when you get beefier tires.

R/
Will

I know Will! I get tempted everyday when I head to work and see this one particular jeep with a 3" lift and 35's. Lol.

I have on 07 Rubi that i have not lifted yet. I am anxious to get started though. Good luck with holding out on a lift and larger tires =)

Unless your doing obstacle you don't really need a lift. I have 35's on a stock suspension. Flat fenders and a little bit of cutting you are good to go.:twocents:

As of right now you are content with how the Jeep sits and may for a very long time, however once the Jeep bug bites you will be looking at lifts especially when you get beefier tires.

R/
Will

Yup. I was thinking the same thing Will. My problem is, it bit me and now im infected. And its contagious as hell.

jkodak what are you thinking of going with? Would love to slap on some 35's but don't really see a need plus gas mileage would suffer and my Dana 30 probably wouldn't care for them much.

^^^ this. A leveling kit with 35's will take you a long way. Several have run this set up for a long while until they figure out what they want to do. If you are going to keep your stock wheels you will need wheel spacers which you can get second hand.

R/
Will

^^^ this. A leveling kit with 35's will take you a long way. Several have run this set up for a long while until they figure out what they want to do. If you are going to keep your stock wheels you will need wheel spacers which you can get second hand.

R/
Will

Exactly what I plant to do Canvas!

What leveling kit is that? EVO? Teraflex? Spacers or coils?

Logan it's the EVO 1.5inch level. 2 inch coil springs in the front and 3/4 inch pucks in the rear.

A friend and myself installed it in less than 3 hours and no alignment was needed.

Hands down one of the most underrated and best levels on the market.

Check out my build thread, there's many more pictures.

Napalm that you so much for the info. Great looking Jeep man! Might have to follow your lead. Do you think I'll get more than 2"s up front since my Jeep is a 2dr?

Napalm that you so much for the info. Great looking Jeep man! Might have to follow your lead. Do you think I'll get more than 2"s up front since my Jeep is a 2dr?

I got over 2 inches in the front in my 4 door, So I would anticipate it.

Napalm AWESOME thread on your build! I read through every post and you sold me on getting the EVO leveling kit. You're Jeep looks really awesome and appreciate the way you took your time making sure to get everything you wanted. Congrats on your engagement and thanks for the info!

Napalm AWESOME thread on your build! I read through every post and you sold me on getting the EVO leveling kit. You're Jeep looks really awesome and appreciate the way you took your time making sure to get everything you wanted. Congrats on your engagement and thanks for the info!

Thanks Logan, I appreciate the kind words!

You will not be dissapointed with this kit, I promise you. Let me know if I can help you in any other ways.

Top Bottom