New ZJ in the family

Five-N9ne

I don't see any way for me to have done that. They're pretty well protected

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

If there’s one thing I’ve learned, anything is possible with a Jeep except saving money. Worth a look, even dust can do it. Could have just shocked the sensor enough to cause a failure, especially if it’s a 23 year old electronic anything.

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
If there’s one thing I’ve learned, anything is possible with a Jeep except saving money. Worth a look, even dust can do it. Could have just shocked the sensor enough to cause a failure, especially if it’s a 23 year old electronic anything.

I'm doing brakes and calipers tomorrow, so everything is getting cleaned up. Can't afford a speed sensor right now and it's not affecting how it drives so I'll just wait on that and see if the cleaning and brake job fix it.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Bunch of 4-liter ZJs have them, or you can scavenge them from any XJ or TJ in the yard.
So I can just use the stock ones from my Wrangler? I know it's the same front axle I just wasn't sure. That would definitely eliminate the last weak point.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Five-N9ne

So I can just use the stock ones from my Wrangler? I know it's the same front axle I just wasn't sure. That would definitely eliminate the last weak point.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Yes you can. I’ve done this with every one of my ZJs that didn’t come with them. Usually base model 4-liters, the Limiteds and V8s always had the 249 cases and they put the CVs in to reduce bonding with the full time AWD

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I wrapped up putting the lift on finally and got my wheels and tires switched over from the Wrangler for the tahuya run this Saturday. Only have before pictures since I finished with a flashlight. IMG_20180730_194758.jpg IMG_20180730_194802.jpg IMG_20180730_203313.jpg I'll get some after pictures in the morning. Thing drives like a dream though.

Five-N9ne

Did you swap t-cases by chance? The older 249s (93-95) have a creep issue with the VC inside, they’ll move feet overnight if parked on an incline when it goes bad.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Did you swap t-cases by chance? The older 249s (93-95) have a creep issue with the VC inside, they’ll move feet overnight if parked on an incline when it goes bad.
No I haven't swapped the case yet and probably wont for a while. Close to 300k miles and I park it on an incline every night

Last edited:

Five-N9ne

You’re one of the lucky ones.

Somewhere I’ve got a pile of spares for that 318 if you ever need stuff.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
You’re one of the lucky ones.

Somewhere I’ve got a pile of spares for that 318 if you ever need stuff.

Thanks a ton. Lord knows at some point I'll need it. It's been the most reliable highileage car Ive ever owned though. I just need to get the speedometer working right so those miles are counted

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Here's the after shots. I took it down the hill and everything seems fine. 2 inch lift and from 29 inch tires to 31's. No rubbing as far as I can tell. IMG_20180731_100816.jpg IMG_20180731_153544.jpg IMG_20180731_153553.jpg IMG_20180731_153556.jpg IMG_20180731_153612.jpg I haven't washed her in a couple weeks so did a quick wipe down and did the wheels I swapped over which hadn't been washed in well over a year. IMG_20180731_181335.jpg IMG_20180731_181343.jpg IMG_20180731_181355.jpg

Top Bottom