New Years, a few beers, many cheers, here here...

CaliCrusher

So I would like to do a Big Bear run Saturday January 4th. I'm thinking John Bull and Dishpan Springs. I haven't run either trail myself so I would like to appeal to a veteran(s) to come along. I do have a friend with experience with Dishpan that may attend, but nothing definite.

I'm not the most organized when it comes to these things, I'm just some dude with a jeep. But I really love offroading and I like hanging out with Wayalifers.

If this sounds like something that at least handful of people are interested in then let's make it happen!

Here's my cell so communication will be easier. (I'll PM you)

I look forward to hooking up with you guys for a day of wheeling!

-Zach

Meet at Cedar Glen Auto Care at 9 am.

231 California 173
San Bernardino, CA 92321

Definite

1. CaliCrusher
2. MiniCrusher
3. Vettethret
4. Tweetie7123
5. UC Rubi
6. OC Paul
7. Manuel
8. Misheliryami
9. JRWid

Maybe

1. huggysjk

Last edited:

jelliott076

Looks like fun, but I can't even sign on as a 'maybe' at this point. If I'm still in the state after the New Year then I'll see what we can do. :thumb:

CaliCrusher

Come on guys. I know you're getting your Jeep something for Christmas. Break it in on the trail!

Big Bear 2014. Be there or be laaaaaaaaaame!

Vettethret

So I would like to do a Big Bear run Saturday January 4th. I'm thinking John Bull and Dishpan Springs. I haven't run either trail myself so I would like to appeal to a veteran(s) to come along. I do have a friend with experience with Dishpan that may attend, but nothing definite.

I'm not the most organized when it comes to these things, I'm just some dude with a jeep. But I really love offroading and I like hanging out with Wayalifers.

If this sounds like something that at least handful of people are interested in then let's make it happen!

-Zach

Definite

1. CaliCrusher
2. MiniCrusher

Maybe

1. Robert

Im in! This will be my third run in 40 days (And in my life). My beautiful mall crawler paint got scratched to shit from the last run so the gloves are off now!:brows:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
What are the minimum requirements. I have 2.5 lift 32" tires but no sliders. So pretty much stock.:mad:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

CaliCrusher

What are the minimum requirements. I have 2.5 lift 32" tires but no sliders. So pretty much stock.:mad:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

To be honest I don't know because I haven't run the trails myself. I have a 2.5 lift with 35s. The John Bull trail is the tougher of the two.

I would love a vet to come along or chime in.

Serg5000

If you don't have rock sliders do not attempt any of these trails unless you don't give a shit about your jeep. With a 2.5" lift you will most certainly need sliders on Dishpan. John Bull is more difficult so expect to need them as well.

As for me going. It's still a little to soon for me to commit.
It sounds like a great trip though.

CaliCrusher

If you don't have rock sliders do not attempt any of these trails unless you don't give a shit about your jeep. With a 2.5" lift you will most certainly need sliders on Dishpan. John Bull is more difficult so expect to need them as well.

As for me going. It's still a little to soon for me to commit.
It sounds like a great trip though.

I'm pretty sure Overlander ran John Bull with the stock rubi rails.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't remember John Bull too well. I ran John Bull, dishpan and Holcomb the same day so I don't remember which was which but I only used sliders on one obstacle that I got hung up in. But I have 4" lift and 35's.

CaliCrusher

I don't remember John Bull too well. I ran John Bull, dishpan and Holcomb the same day so I don't remember which was which but I only used sliders on one obstacle that I got hung up in. But I have 4" lift and 35's.

I guess that's a little more grinding for the guys with 2.5" lifts. You're welcome to join us if you're not busy.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug

-Zach
A
Definite

1. CaliCrusher
2. MiniCrusher
3. Vettethret

Maybe

1. Robert

Not a chance in hell (a.k.a. Eastcoaster)

1. Woodrow

Wish I could join you guys..........I gotta get out there......I'm tired of seeing all the killer pictures of wheeling you guys get to do..........I have to admit it.......I'm jealous

~Woodrow~

misheliryami

I would like to come but my jeep is all stock. No lift no 35 tires yet. Got my jeep only few months ago. Not sure if it works for me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1387909180061.jpg
    1387909180061.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 138

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would like to come but my jeep is all stock. No lift no 35 tires yet. Got my jeep only few months ago. Not sure if it works for me.

If you have rock sliders you can make it. You will just use the rails more often and can take the bypasses.

misheliryami

I have been planning to buy the Extreme Reverse-a-Bars, but I think is too wide. I like them though. You think that would work on all the train?
Thanks

Attachments

• 1387912610635.jpg
    1387912610635.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 129

jkrossi

Ive ran both trails. I would say john bull will be pretty tough in a stock jeep. There a few spots that I can think of that tow points will probably be used.

You should be fine on dishpan but you will definitely need rock sliders. This part of dishpan is where your sliders come into play. View attachment 61452

A spot on john bull that be tricky with a stock jeep thats not the only spot that might be rough. 1387924462026.jpg

Top Bottom