New type of beadlock wheel made by Icon

Spazbyt

Hooked
That's Interesting. Probably much lighter than a standard bead lock. I think keeping all those bolts from leaking will be a challenge even with the orings.

Eby Creek

Guess I'll be the test bed. I have 2000 miles and no problems. I air them down to about 8 PSI and haven't broken a bead yet. Nice thing is that there is no maintenance.

Attachments

• ICON Rebound Pro Beadlock.jpg
    ICON Rebound Pro Beadlock.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 36

jeeeep

Hooked
I like the design and ease but wondering how the wheel edge holds up.

I have a lot more confidence in a beadlock ring taking the abuse than just the wheel rim.

No doubt they look really good. Be interesting to see long term how they perform.
It’s in situations like this where they’ll be proven or not. Ultra low psi with a lot of pressure trying to peel tire off the rim like this is where it’s going to see the bulk of its stress

Attachments

• 7FD8BC04-995F-47C4-8507-3990531FF9FD.jpeg
    7FD8BC04-995F-47C4-8507-3990531FF9FD.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 28

WINspeed

Yep! That's innovative! Standard beadlocks are a pain in the a$$, When I did my axel swap I switched to Method Bead Grips hoping they would work out for me, If not I was going to go back to standard bead locks. So far so good, but I know they aren't as capable as a beadlock.

For me, the convenience factor just outweighs the pain in the a$$ factor for a 90% street driven Jeep. But these look like an even better compromise. Thanks for the post. If my 701's lose a bead someplace I'll be looking at these.

Way to think outside the box ICON!

WINspeed

I like the design and ease but wondering how the wheel edge holds up.

I have a lot more confidence in a beadlock ring taking the abuse than just the wheel rim.
I agree, A buddy had the Method "beadgrip" wheels on his Toyota last time we went through the Rubicon and they got really beat up, Held a bead no problem, but I could see after a few trips there could be an issue with damage.

I sent mine to OMF and had a "Rash" ring put on them. IMG_20210722_110743678.jpg

Last edited:

CalSgt

Hooked
I agree, A buddy had the Method "beadgrip" wheels on his Toyota last time we went through the Rubicon and they got really beat up, Held a bead no problem, but I could see after a few trips there could be an issue with damage.

I sent mine to OMF and had a "Rash" ring put on them. View attachment 370258
OMF does some cool shit, never owned any of their stuff but I've see it on a lot of sand cars

Top Bottom