New Tool on the Way

kevman65

Hooked
After doing the drag bar link last weekend I've decided I'm done throwing tires on and off the old fashioned way.

Thought about it, did some research, and have one of these on the way.

1685889946969.png

They all look awkward to me, but this has adjustability on the width which in turn will adjust the height where it makes contact with the tire.

I'll let you know as I've got an oil change and tire rotation coming up soon.

These aren't cheap, there are cheaper ones available that are bigger but I think they'd be too big. I did look at the 4 wheeled ones, but they are designed more for moving a vehicle than for changing tires.

jeeeep

Hooked
After doing the drag bar link last weekend I've decided I'm done throwing tires on and off the old fashioned way.

Thought about it, did some research, and have one of these on the way.

View attachment 390374

They all look awkward to me, but this has adjustability on the width which in turn will adjust the height where it makes contact with the tire.

I'll let you know as I've got an oil change and tire rotation coming up soon.

These aren't cheap, there are cheaper ones available that are bigger but I think they'd be too big. I did look at the 4 wheeled ones, but they are designed more for moving a vehicle than for changing tires.
looking forward to your follow-up, I've been looking at one of these as well but like many things, still in the cart, amazon never deletes a cart lol

JimLee

Hooked
I've been using a harbor freight wheel dolly, you roll wheel up on it and then push wheel onto hub, adjust floor jack height as needed. It helps but can be a PITA on a sloped driveway with only one person. I think I like this tool better, let us know how well it works.

kevman65

Hooked
Oh I think there will be some experimenting and cussing involved.

Get the floor jack to the right height, getting the rollers in the right holes. We all know being off by a 1/4" might as well be a mile.

Those things piss me off more than they are useful. Hopefully it works well for you.

pry bar is a lot easier and I’m sure you already have one.

duktrx

kevman65

Hooked
Got to use this for the first time.

For this old man, yes this tool did the job. Hardest part was getting the angle right to slide the wheel on the studs. I have nothing that is level in any direction to work on, so have to find the angle of the dangle.

Would I recommend this for someone who can't sit on their butt and physically manipulate anything of weight anymore while also trying to line up holes with studs, absofuckinglutely.

Would I recommend this for all you manly heman types who can lift a hundred pounds with one finger while doing a one handed hand stand with your eyes closed and facing the opposite direction, absofuckinglutely, because you're going to get old one day and the easier you're on yourself now, the better you'll be then.

Top Bottom