New to off roading and building skills

teamambrose74

im a girl - I have a 2021 Rubicon - I’ve been practicing at Hollister Hills near my house. I’ve taken an off roading class from The Driving Company. Ive been doing lots of Black Diamond trails, and I’m prepping my Jeep for Jeepers Jamboree 2022. I am definitely a weekend warrior. What do you suggest for a budget lift and tires?

teamambrose74

Welcome to WAYALIFE! To answer your question, I suppose it depends on how big of a tire you're hoping to run. 35's maybe? 37's? Let's start there.
I ended up with the Metal Cloak game changer 3.5” lift and 37”Milestar Patagonia’s. Next step will be to regear to 5.13. Between the forum and your videos, I feel very confident with my decisions. Thank you so much for all you do for the Jeep community

Attachments

• 5BD2188A-63EF-4B47-A7C1-3E62ED93B95D.jpeg
    5BD2188A-63EF-4B47-A7C1-3E62ED93B95D.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 18
  • F7EECD0B-B626-45C0-9D2F-EBBCCE3622D7.jpeg
    F7EECD0B-B626-45C0-9D2F-EBBCCE3622D7.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 18
Upvote 0

BaddestCross

Only if you're using the forum like I used to use Siskel & Ebert to decide which movie I wanted to watch back in the day. 🤪

Good luck with your choices 🍻

Upvote 0

rubiDave

im a girl - I have a 2021 Rubicon - I’ve been practicing at Hollister Hills near my house. I’ve taken an off roading class from The Driving Company. Ive been doing lots of Black Diamond trails, and I’m prepping my Jeep for Jeepers Jamboree 2022. I am definitely a weekend warrior. What do you suggest for a budget lift and tires?

Upvote 0

teamambrose74

Only if you're using the forum like I used to use Siskel & Ebert to decide which movie I wanted to watch back in the day.
🤪

Good luck with your
Tough guy

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
Do you feel cool picking on girls? I thought This is meant to be a newbie safe zone free from trolls.
No one is picking on you. The reason for the responses was that Eddie has made it pretty clear from his personal opinions here that the milestars aren't really good at hooking up in a lot of conditions. As far as metalcloak, here on the forum, users haven't shared the best experiences. You said that "Between the forum and your videos, I feel very confident" with metalcloak and milestars.

Upvote 0

teamambrose74

No one is picking on you. The reason for the responses was that Eddie has made it pretty clear from his personal opinions here that the milestars aren't really good at hooking up in a lot of conditions. As far as metalcloak, here on the forum, users haven't shared the best experiences. You said that "Between the forum and your videos, I feel very confident" with metalcloak and milestars.ju

Upvote 0

teamambrose74

I am pleased with my set up. It works really well for me as a beginner. Maybe one day when I have a ton of money or someone wants to sponsor me, I’ll get Nittos and have EVO lift my Jeep, etc. but for now with my skill level, the 3.5” lift and 37’s - regardless of brand are working well

Upvote 0

TrailHunter

Hooked
I am pleased with my set up. It works really well for me as a beginner. Maybe one day when I have a ton of money or someone wants to sponsor me, I’ll get Nittos and have EVO lift my Jeep, etc. but for now with my skill level, the 3.5” lift and 37’s - regardless of brand are working well
Congrats on the new setup... Now it’s time to explore those more difficult trails and have fun wheeling it. 👍🏽

Upvote 0

teamambrose74

No one is picking on you. The reason for the responses was that Eddie has made it pretty clear from his personal opinions here that the milestars aren't really good at hooking up in a lot of conditions. As far as metalcloak, here on the forum, users haven't shared the best experiences. You said that "Between the forum and your videos, I feel very confident" with metalcloak and milestars.
I guess this community isn’t as supportive as I thought it was. Way to make someone new to off roading feel welcome. Sounds like your all about brand loyalty vs supporting newbies

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
I guess this community isn’t as supportive as I thought it was. Way to make someone new to off roading feel welcome. Sounds like your all about brand loyalty vs supporting newbies
Nothing I said wasn't supportive. I thought I was clear and tactful to your response to others. What brand loyalty would you be speaking of? I don't recall mentioning any preferred brands. Have a great New Year's!

Upvote 0
Congrats on your Jeep and your new upgrades. At the end of the day, it's all about what you like, what works for you and getting out to enjoy it.

I can assure you everyone here has the absolute best intensions and love to have fun so don't take things personal at all and join in on the fun. There is a ton of knowledge collectively throughout the members which are mainly based on real world experiences. So don't take offense if a part you decided to purchase isn't a favorite. At the end of the day, everyone is here to help and point you in the right direction. 🍻

Upvote 0
Top Bottom