NEW Smittybilt Safari Hardtop... :sadface: 'cause it actually looks nice

CC Dad

What is the price of it? It's cool but I don't see enough advantages over the factory top to pay more money for one.

jscherb

It might actually be the one the guy on here designed. He licenses his designs. I actually like.
If you mean me, I had nothing to do with the Smittybilt product.

This is the one I designed:

FinalWashed6_zpspgzxwwqw.jpg

FinalWashed2_zps5visoofd.jpg

FinalWashed4_zpspt6u1rib.jpg

FinalWashed1_zpspj5k8yfs.jpg

FinalRoof1_zpsilvpnzbf.jpg

Last edited:

jscherb

A few more photos, NOT the Smittybilt top :)

RTTFinal6_zpsyoyxa4jz.jpg

FinalRack1_zpstgq7ny7k.jpg

It's modular, so the sides and back panel are removable. They can be replaced with roll-up soft sides (which I haven't sewn yet).

DoorsOffNoPillar1_zpsazhjp6ng.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Some things are ugly and some are cool. This top is a ugly/cool. Kinda like the Jeepster, FC, Thing, JKU/R.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

jmatta33

I can see the appeal if this is the route you want to go with your Jeep, but why not just get a Land Rover? It's like getting a hard top car and cutting the top off to convert it into a convertible when getting a convertible is an option in the first place... To each their own, I am not a fan personally but like I said, if you are into the overlanding thing then I can see the appeal in that respect.

benatc1

Hooked
i like the idea of this and it is functional, just don't personally like the look in terms of what i aspire my jeep build to be. neat idea though!!

Jimmypaget

Seriously, ain't going to lie, looks like a decent product even for Shittybilt :rollseyes: I know some WAL forum member are designing their own and it's wayyy more badass than actually just purchasing one... But this is nice for "big" family week-end warriors expedition. What's your 2 cents on this?

Here's the pictures :

View attachment 211437

View attachment 211438

EDIT : *DISCLAIMER* I'm not in any way promoting this particular company, just bringing in an open debate on what people actually have to say about it. :peace: :peace:

I actually saw one of these yesterday, color matched, without the little windows though.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Wish I had one but fxck for now I'm going to stick with my hard one. Canadian winters, eh?

I ran my soft top all winter last year and no complaints about being colder than my '07 Grand Cherokee once the engine heats up.......wife would have preferred that I ordered heated seats but she would have said that with a hard top too...........nothing is warm here in the winter before the engine generates heat

jscherb

I like yours, because you made it.

Thanks! I like it a better than the Smittybilt top - it's got a lot more features than the Smitty does, and since I mold the fiberglass parts in my home garage I can make one for a lot less than it would cost to buy a Smitty top :).

jscherb

Ummm kind of makes it look like a land Rover in the first pictures. To me anyway

The Smittybilt top is shaped somewhat like the Land Rover Defender "Wolf" military hardtop, although the Wolf hardtop doesn't have Alpine windows...

f.jpg

The Wolf top has a very functional rear barn door too, not a glass liftgate...

b.jpg

Top Bottom