New hier and no idea ;-)))

Pavel9934S

Hi

my name is Pavel (from Switzerland) and i'm lookimg for new JK...
I'M owner of Porsche Carrera 993 4S, but i like Jepp JK (second car), but i have no idea 2-doors, unlimited, benzin, diesel, manuel or automatik...no idea :grayno:
do you have any tipps ? i have no childern , but i like the unlimited more then two doors ...

Thank you for your answer !! :)

Many greetings from Zurich / Switzerland

Pavel

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to WAYALIFE Pavel!! We're so glad that you found us and happy that you're here :yup:

To answer your question, I can say that even if I were single, I would still want a 4-door Unlimited. I don't know how much off-roading you can or will be doing but, if it isn't much, you might be well to do to just get a Sport or Sahara model. There are a lot of Americans who would love to have a diesel option but, the new 3.6L v6 Pentastar is a great gasoline motor and one I think you would be happy with. And, while I personally love driving a manual, I will have to say that the new automatic is really nice - for off-roading, much easier to use too.

ssgp2

I'm sorry that I can't help you with your decision, I'm still trying to figure out myself BUT, some pictures of the places you would trail would be nice.

FoxC

Hallo & Grüzi Pavel.....Grüße von der Wüste! Herzlich Willkommen im Forum. Meine Stimme geht ganz klar zu einem 4dr Unlimited...ohne Zweifel!!!!! Wenn ich noch in Europa wäre, würde ich mich auf jeden Fall für einen Diesel mit Automatik entscheiden.:beer:

Ciao!
Craig

BlackKnight

I'm with Craig, if I had the option in the US I'd go with the Unlimited (4 door) Disel. It has better gas milage, and more tourqe for getting where you want to go off road.

Bob

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm with Craig, if I had the option in the US I'd go with the Unlimited (4 door) Disel. It has better gas milage, and more tourqe for getting where you want to go off road.

Bob

:cheesy: Did you run what he said through a translator or do you speak German too :crazyeyes:

ichthus

If I didn't have a child and 2 Weimaraners, I would keep my 2 door. It's more nimble, fun to drive, better fuel economy, and takes less space in the garage. It will have a lot more space than your Porsche, but as you already have a small sports car, the extra space of the 4-door might make more sense.

Tackerdown

Banned
My son has a tj and its fun to drive, for me I love the room of the JK. I'd go for the 911 Carrera GT of jeeps and buy the JKU rubicon auto. some ma say I'm a woos but my knees are bad and with the break assist on inclines and hill decent control i love it, let alone the auto sway bar disconnects and front and rear lockers.Everyone has there own preferences. I'd watch some videos and go to the jeep official web-sight and read up on the different setups of each style and class to try and figure out what you plan on using it for and how much you want to do to it. :twocents::twocents::standing wave:

Pavel9934S

Hi everybody

thank you very much for your answers !!

@ Eddie - thank you for very warm welcome here in forum ;-)

@FoxC - ein Grüezi in die Wüste ;-))

@ ssgp2 - sorry, but i don't have any pictures ...

Many greetings to USA

Pavel

Last edited:
Top Bottom