New Fenders for the JT

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
I tore one of my fenders off this weekend, fender is fine, just busted the plastic straps. I'm looking to upgrade my fenders as my next project. What aftermarket fenders are people loving / hating? So far, the top of my list is GenRight JT fenders. If I go with the GenRight, I will probably leave them as raw aluminum.

1685496379229.png 1685496398488.png

CalSgt

Hooked
I kinda like the rugged ridge ones…. Stockish looking and cost just a little more for the whole set than the cost of a single paint grade Rubicon rear fender, liner, and rivets

JimLee

Hooked
I've got steel fenders, and I'm going to agree with the others. My quarter panels exist on borrowed time. I think depending on the fender and how it mounts some can take a bit more of a hit than people think before doing major body damage (there is a hardened steel support brace behind the front fenders) but really, it's just a matter of time. Check out KBD fenders, they have a similar profile to the genright ones but in polyurethane, not much coverage though.

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
This is exactly why I value this forum so highly. I get to benefit from so much experience which saves me time and money.

On my last trip I ripped off my passenger rear fender, because stupid, and even that plastic fender caused a little dent next to the tail light. I keep fender clips in the rig for just such an occasion. Luckily I believe the dent can be pulled out without issue. If they were metal then my rear quarter panel would be jacked up not to mention the expensive metal fender ruined.

SeaSharp

I would put something that would break off the next time you hit it and not metal, super expensive fix and they already aren't cheap.

Top Bottom