New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

zimm

Caught the Bug
Looks like you solved the issue. We'd be happy to send you some new hinge brackets. Feel free to email us direct at sales@evomfg.com

Robert @ EVO MFG.

Thanks for the offer Robert, but I'm good with how it is right now. If you guys update the opening stop, then I'd be interested. You can see how the evo hi-lift mount hits metal on metal to the hinge.

JKJody

For those with this carrier, how "solid" is it? Say compared to an AEV carrier? Does it jiggle? I'm considering getting this or the aev. Now I've ran the aev in the past and liked it however, I didn't like the off center aspect of it. The evo hinged seems to be exactly what I'm looking for on this build. Just looking for a little input. Maybe someone up in norcal has one I can look at in person?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

For those with this carrier, how "solid" is it? Say compared to an AEV carrier? Does it jiggle? I'm considering getting this or the aev. Now I've ran the aev in the past and liked it however, I didn't like the off center aspect of it. The evo hinged seems to be exactly what I'm looking for on this build. Just looking for a little input. Maybe someone up in norcal has one I can look at in person?

Solid as a rock. No squeaks, no jigglies. Nothing. 35 inch STT Pro on a KMC beadlock.

LasVegasJK

Solid. No noises. Gate opens easily.
35" Ridge Grappler on factory wheel hanging on it.

JKJody

IMG_2866.jpg
Well i pulled the trigger on the tire carrier, can anyone chime in on why the top portion of the tailgate itself now has a gap? It almost seems i need another spacer that goes between the carrier and the tailgate up top. The bottom calls for two spacers, whereas the top only requires one. Any suggestions?

JKJody

Okay, let me clarify that I'm talking about the factory tailgate not aligned straight with the body. It tapers from top to bottom. It's almost as if the evo carrier pulled the top portion of the factory tailgate outward at the top.

JKJody

That is exactly how mine is. The single spacer up top and 2 spacers on the bottom.

I've taken it off and put it back on and I change. It's the same with and without a tire back there too.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll try and add another spacer up top, maybe it'll push the gate back in. I know it's nothing serious. Just bugs me is all.

Top Bottom