New Cooper STT PRO's!!!

WJCO

Meme King
good looking WJ, I had one and really like that body style :thumb:

how loud are the coopers compared to an AT? assuming you had AT's on there before.

I'm about 35k miles with the BFG KO2 but noticed after the short cold spell we had (freezing temps) the tires look more chunked on the tread.

I need to inspect them all closer to confirm but looks like it's time to start thinking new tires

Thanks. I've only had mud tires on here, but these coopers are very quiet, IMO, for mud tires. I've owned several sets of the BFG ATs on other vehicles over the years and love them. Likely the ATs are quieter. If you're really considering muds, I love these Coopers. For an in-between, we have also been very happy with the duratracs on the wife's rig.

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks. I've only had mud tires on here, but these coopers are very quiet, IMO, for mud tires. I've owned several sets of the BFG ATs on other vehicles over the years and love them. Likely the ATs are quieter. If you're really considering muds, I love these Coopers. For an in-between, we have also been very happy with the duratracs on the wife's rig.

thanks, I've really liked the KO2 but after seeing the small chunking after the cold spell I'm not so sure.

I forget who else on here had weird chunking on theirs but mine looks similar with small ball shapes, not v-shaped like I would expect from being on the rocks a lot.

WJCO

Meme King
thanks, I've really liked the KO2 but after seeing the small chunking after the cold spell I'm not so sure.

I forget who else on here had weird chunking on theirs but mine looks similar with small ball shapes, not v-shaped like I would expect from being on the rocks a lot.

I think granitecrystal had the same thing on his.

GraniteCrystal

I think granitecrystal had the same thing on his.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=40163

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

TLC Offroad

Those of you that are running these tires, How do they handle on Snowy Roads? I'm looking at these to replace My stock BFG TA Mud Terrain as they SUCK on slick icy or snowy roads. I know They maybe not be as good as an AT Tire, any Input on your experience with them so far.

5280Sapper

Those of you that are running these tires, How do they handle on Snowy Roads? I'm looking at these to replace My stock BFG TA Mud Terrain as they SUCK on slick icy or snowy roads. I know They maybe not be as good as an AT Tire, any Input on your experience with them so far.

So far I have no complaints ... I've is ice and unless your studded you will slide but these tires do the trick for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

WJCO should be able to tell you.

WJCO

Meme King

I've run both, and the STT pros are a major improvement. They are still a mud tire and slide a little, but IMO, they are very controllable. I put a bunch of snow miles on them today and was pretty impressed. The BFG muds really sucked.

TLC Offroad

I have been looking at them and AT's too but I think I want more of a Mud type tire, these BFG's are the worst I have ever had on snow. Thanks for the input guys.

Jason2012JKUR

The Coopers have overly impressed me with thier ability to grip in snowy and icy conditions. I was on the fence about what tires to replace these with before my MOAB trip in April but since we've had an unusual winter and snow on the roads for weeks I'm sold on another set of discoverys. These tires do very well climbing rocks when deflated as well. I have only one complaint and that's the weak sidewall. I don't think you can get them with a Kevlar sidewall like the BFG's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

Congrats, looks great and they live up to their reputation so far.
We had our second snowstorm here in NY and the Cooper STT Pros are very good, and certainly better than the BFG KM's that came stock in my Willys.

PokerStogey

Took them up in the white stuff yesterday and all I can say is I am very impressed. Further, I pushed them around town pretty heavily in the rain the other day... just to see... and needless to say, I will most likely buy them again and again. IMG_4445.jpg

codyzx7

The Coopers have overly impressed me with thier ability to grip in snowy and icy conditions. I was on the fence about what tires to replace these with before my MOAB trip in April but since we've had an unusual winter and snow on the roads for weeks I'm sold on another set of discoverys. These tires do very well climbing rocks when deflated as well. I have only one complaint and that's the weak sidewall. I don't think you can get them with a Kevlar sidewall like the BFG's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Are weak sidewalls and issue with the STT Pros? I've been considering these and this is the first I've heard/read of this.

Top Bottom