New bear (Gladiator) in the cave

Bear_JT

Hooked
So I got part of my front 4.5” EVO Enforcer on today. I ran out of time to get further but here’s a rookie question for those who have been here before me. My front axle shifted to the passenger side when I was putting everything on. I’m using Jack stands and floor jacks to do this in my driveway. How do you guys recommend I get it back centered? I tried everything I could think of minus loosening up both upper control arms and setting the jack stands higher and letting the axle droop further. Every time I tried moving it back it shifted further passenger. Now I’m almost there and really frustrated. IMG_7370.jpeg IMG_7371.jpeg IMG_7372.jpeg

Bear_JT

Hooked
Did it have an adjustable track bar? normally That works to help get it centered...
It does, but I disconnected the bottom of the factory one and started installing the springs and control arms and that’s when everything shifted. I tried connecting the new adjustable one but I can’t get it over enough to line up the holes yet.

Last edited:

duktrx

It does, but I disconnected the bottom of the factory one and started installing the springs and control arms and that’s when everything shifted. I tried connecting the new adjustable one but I can’t get it over enough to line up the holes yet.
What Overlander said and a Spud wrench once it's close to help get the holes aligned.

Bear_JT

Hooked
So I got it all wrapped up but does anyone know how I could remedy this? It’s the front passenger side coil that is tilting backwards and very close to the shock. IMG_7603.jpeg IMG_7604.jpeg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Are your control arms set properly? Looks to me that that control arm is short or the coil isn’t seated properly.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Are your control arms set properly? Looks to me that that control arm is short or the coil isn’t seated properly.
So I set the control arm at 24 1/2” like EVO says in the instructions but if I run the passenger side all the way in (less than 24 1/2”) it does change a little. I double checked the sprigs seat and it is in the right position.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So I set the control arm at 24 1/2” like EVO says in the instructions but if I run the passenger side all the way in (less than 24 1/2”) it does change a little. I double checked the sprigs seat and it is in the right position.
Uppers and lowers? It looks like your axle is tilted toward the rear a bit. What’s your castor? I’m not sure I would trust evo instructions honestly.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Uppers and lowers? It looks like your axle is tilted toward the rear a bit. What’s your castor? I’m not sure I would trust evo instructions honestly.
Just lowers right now. The pinion is definitely tilted back. I don’t know my pinion angle right now. I’m going to get a gauge to check it tomorrow. I played around with the pinion adjustment a little but now I’m thinking of getting the upper arms sooner than later. Stupid question but should the front pinion angle be at 0 like the rear also?

TheGrendel

Yea Evo makes great products even the best in a lot cases. But, they have always had 2 problems. Generally poor powdercoating and not great instructions.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Yea Evo makes great products even the best in a lot cases. But, they have always had 2 problems. Generally poor powdercoating and not great instructions.
Ha ha! I learned that the hard way installing this kit. This little hiccup is killing my OCD.

Top Bottom