New and learning!!!

Jeep_Dawg08

Hi I'm new to the site and to Jeepin! !
I have a 08 Jku x, bought it last yr with a 3" spacer life, skyjacker hydro 7000, 295/70/17 Nittos, with 3.73 gears, and everything else is stock.
Been trying to pick up and learn as much as possible.
Wanting to start working on it, but not real sure where to begin. I don't have a lot of disposal income right now, and don't plan on gojng crazy just yet. It's my daily driver.
I'm just wondering what to start with...
I live in Southern Indiana and would like to hook up with some groups this way and get "wheeling".

Any advice is welcomed... :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1360550877129.jpg
    1360550877129.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 59

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAYALIFE!:standing wave:

Lots of good information here. It's better than any magazine!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Nice looking rig! Always something to learn and a lot of knowledgeable members on this site. Welcome to a Wayalife!

Jeep_Dawg08

Ty all...
One thing I've been curious about, and trying to learn more is suspension. Mine rides like a damn tank, very rigid. Which I expected a harder ride than a car or suv, but I'm concerned about what I need to do to improve this on and off the pavement. I haven't had it out much, but not having a lot of confidence in any flex at all. The springs are stock with aftermarket shocks. Apologies for being a newbie with all this. But we all had to start somewhere. :)
Also, looking for a fairly decent but inexpensive winch for the stock bumper. Already in the works to put shackles thru the bumper for recovery, heard too many bad things about the stock tow hooks.
Slide rails are on the plans as well.

Ericpwithers

Hello from Staunton Indiana...we went wheeling all day bro....lots of great places to go around here...there's a place called interlake down by u that I hear is osem...

Jeep_Dawg08

Yea that's where the pic was taken. Lol
there's red bird up by Terra Haute too which I haven't gotten into yet.
I'm down here in Evansville..

MTG

Caught the Bug
Welcome! :standing wave:

Looks good! :thumb:

If you haven't already, I'd start by learning everything there is to know about your jeep as it stands. Then when you can add stuff you'll already have a good base to add to.

Top Bottom