Need recommendations on back up camera

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I had to use NAV TV to get the backup camera to work. Some say you have to go get your dealer to have the function enabled. I have never heard that you can simply splice and have a functioning camera....

I used a blank trailer hitch plate and a $20 Amazon made in China camera.

You don't have to get the dealer to enable it, but you can. This will allow you to hook up any camera with the right harness. The upside of other adapters is it usually has more inputs and also enables nav while in motion and other "cheats".

pastorwug

I have the RHR Nav Radio and purchased a Lockpick a year or more ago - I now have a front camera (helps in the rocks) that activates automatically in drive up to 7 mph nd a rear camera that activates when the tranny is put in reverse, as well as DVD while in motion (grandkids and Frozen, arg!). The lockpick has several options for all 4 camera you could attach and it is really just plug and play.
One of the best items I've ever purchased.

Aldonoward3

I patented this Mounting system and utilize a flush mount camera. The camera can be found on eBay

Link deleted for rule violation.

Last edited by a moderator:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
It would be awesome if you did a mini write-up on this install. I am currious about the wiring that you did and where you connected it to the head-unit. Im pretty sure tons of the members(myself included) here would be greatly appreciative! :thumb:

You bet! I don't think I have too many pictures of the install, and I'm out of town for the next week to take any, but would be happy to put together a little something.

I would say this is one of those cheaper mods that is a must. My wife refused to drive the Jeep (wait, maybe that was a good thing! :) ) until I got a backup camera installed. With the AEV fuel caddy, and I'm sure it's the same for guys running 37-40s, the view out the back is nonexistent.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
It would be awesome if you did a mini write-up on this install. I am currious about the wiring that you did and where you connected it to the head-unit. Im pretty sure tons of the members(myself included) here would be greatly appreciative! :thumb:

I promise I haven't forgotten about this! I will actually be relocating the camera next week as I sold my wheels and the bracket I fabricated will no longer work with slabs. I figure while I have the camera and some of the wiring out, I should be able to get a few pictures to go along with the write up.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Just saw this thread, thinking about the system qtec sells that replaces the rear view, not that I need a camera and id prolly have to do more work to make a mount than id like, but seems like another decent option, but that's due to not having nav.

Top Bottom