Need Help with Service Axle Locker Message

G650Pilot

Hello.. Just wanted to get the brain trust involved with this problem I am having intermittently. I am getting the service axle locker indication off and on. I initially thought it was because a plug was coming loose. (Pictures attached). I secured the plug, but it still happens. However, when I disconnect the plug, reconnect the plug, and start the jeep the message clears. The plug I am referring to is part of the wire harness that goes to the front differential, but not the plug directly in the front diff. It's more "upstream" from that. (Not the FAD). My jeep has coil overs, long arms, re-geared, and 37's. I also have a JL Tazer. The steering is just a hair off from being straight. (Not sure that can set that message off, but its been mentioned). Another interesting this is that when I get this indication I can go to my offroad page and it shows both the front and rear locked. But they obviously aren't.. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.. Please excuse my ignorance, I'm a new jeep owner and still learning. 2020 Jeep JLUR

IMG_3064.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 12.22.22 PM.jpg

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Still running the stock axles?

take it back to the shop that did the re-gear, it may be the actuator inside the gears

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you have coilovers, your problem is most likely on your rear axle. Unless you re-route or free up the wiring harness from the cross member, it'll pull hard at a full flex and enough to cause one or more of the wires in the plug to pull out of the pins and just enough to cause an intermittent problem like this.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Being that you have coilovers, your problem is most likely on your rear axle. Unless you re-route or free up the wiring harness from the cross member, it'll pull hard at a full flex and enough to cause one or more of the wires in the plug to pull out of the pins and just enough to cause an intermittent problem like this.

I was going to say something similar, but OP states he has never been off road with it. Seems odd. All that mod and hasn't been off road. Definatly sounds like what you said. I have experienced similar.

G650Pilot

I will definitely take a look at that. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to say something similar, but OP states he has never been off road with it. Seems odd. All that mod and hasn't been off road. Definatly sounds like what you said. I have experienced similar.

More than likely, it happened when the Jeep was racked up and the rear axle at a full droop. At least, that's when I jacked up the wiring on my plug. :crazyeyes:

G650Pilot

I’ll be glad when I can finally get this thing off road. Between work and all this craziness with the virus I haven’t been able to go anywhere. Plus our off-road parks are closed in Texas right now. I was looking forward to the Nitto Jeep Experience at Katemcy Rocks, but now that got postponed. [emoji2359]

G650Pilot

Eddie.. check this out.
IMG_3130.jpg
Is that the same issue you had?

Padongill

I had the same thing happen...95% of the time it’s just a faulty sensor. If you take it to the dealer, they’re going to tell you that you need to replace the axle. Because this is such a wide spread problem, new axels are on back order for like 4 months.

Ordered a Z Locker from Z Automotive and it worked immediately.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z-locker-oem/

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom