Need Help with 2017 Jk Not Cranking

qbclub13

My 2017 rubicon will not crank, it clicks a few times but nothing else. I have full lights and everything it just won’t crank.

I replaced the battery, starter, and now the ignition switch and it will still just click.

I’m lost at what the problem may be

My 2017 rubicon will not crank, it clicks a few times but nothing else. I have full lights and everything it just won’t crank.

I replaced the battery, starter, and now the ignition switch and it will still just click.

I’m lost at what the problem may be
Negative cable. Seen the terminal end break many of times.

have you had the battery crank tested? I had a battery show fully charged, but it had no crank juice and would not start the Jeep.

If it is possible to access the cables near the starter, it would be good to check the voltage drop at the starter vs the battery (if there is almost none, or a lot, then that could indicate poor connections). If a current measurement adaptor is available for the multimeter, then it would be good to check the current. An old fashioned analog multimeter would be better for this.

All cables are good Battery is brand new Optima yellow top.

I believe it is the ignition parts in the steering column, I have ordered all the parts to replace it all.

I’ll give an update if I ever get it going again.

when I put in the ignition switch it acted like it was going to turn over then stopped so I think it is the actuator pin.

Top Bottom