Need Help - JLU Tire Carrier Screws / Fasteners

Tariqie

Hello,

I add a tire delete kit installed from JCR Offroad, that is fully rusted. Now I decided to mount the tire back on. The problem I am running into is that I cannot find the screws to put it together. Went to a jeep dealership they want to sell me 2 separate parts for over $650.

Is there anyone that can tell me the screw sizes for each of these screws that are marked? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220409-224629_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220409-224629_Drive.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220409-224640_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220409-224640_Drive.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220409-224654_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220409-224654_Drive.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220409-224654_Drive2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220409-224654_Drive2.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 10

CalSgt

Hooked
The screws that hold the camera in are tiny, 3-48 by 1/4" will work in a pinch. They are a slight bit larger but the plastic holes strip out after they've been removed a few times anyway.

IIRC the rest are extremely coarse threaded screws about 3/4" long, find any pan head screw that will fit & spray paint them black.

I think I threw my tire carrier away, I'll look when I get home. Maybe I can help you out.

CalSgt

Hooked
I'm not 100% sure these are the correct ones or if all of them are there but I'm pretty sure these are what you need (except the camera screws, I still need those.)

Want them?

IMG_7316.jpg

ETA: I looked for my stock assembly & it was disassembled.

jeeeep

Hooked
They use that damn screw all over and always want to sell you the "assembly"

I think this is the larger mounting and carrier cover screws - mopar 68090949AA

the tiny camera mount screws, I used a #2-56 x 0.50 stainless steel screw, don't forget the nuts.

I ordered them from mcmaster.com but you should be able to find them at an ace hardware

Tariqie

I'm not 100% sure these are the correct ones or if all of them are there but I'm pretty sure these are what you need (except the camera screws, I still need those.)

Want them?

View attachment 374205

ETA: I looked for my stock assembly & it was disassembled.
Yes Absolutely, Let me know what I can do to get them, including providing a prepaid label... thanks

Tariqie

The screws that hold the camera in are tiny, 3-48 by 1/4" will work in a pinch. They are a slight bit larger but the plastic holes strip out after they've been removed a few times anyway.

IIRC the rest are extremely coarse threaded screws about 3/4" long, find any pan head screw that will fit & spray paint them black.

I think I threw my tire carrier away, I'll look when I get home. Maybe I can help you out.
Really appreciate it. and wow @ your organization.

Tariqie

They use that damn screw all over and always want to sell you the "assembly"

I think this is the larger mounting and carrier cover screws - mopar 68090949AA

the tiny camera mount screws, I used a #2-56 x 0.50 stainless steel screw, don't forget the nuts.

I ordered them from mcmaster.com but you should be able to find them at an ace hardware
You all are the best, the best help I got super fast. I really appreciate it.

CalSgt

Hooked
Really appreciate it. and wow @ your organization.
LOL at organization... As I go through the modification stages sometimes I'll put all the removed hardware in a baggie & toss it in my bucket of shit. Only reason I was able to tell these were tire carrier bolts is they were in the bag with the body color bolts that hold the tailgate to the hinge.

jeeeep

Hooked
LOL at organization... As I go through the modification stages sometimes I'll put all the removed hardware in a baggie & toss it in my bucket of shit. Only reason I was able to tell these were tire carrier bolts is they were in the bag with the body color bolts that hold the tailgate to the hinge.
I do the same thing then tape the baggie to the part and store it until I'm sure I won't use it again....
yep, jeep parts hoarder lol
I need to clean out the garage

MangoKen

Several bolts can be used separately for this kind of work. For example, an ISO 4017 hex bolt will be needed for tire removal, but an anti-slip setting will also be required. I'd get more M8's in different sizes, and you can find them at the fasteners, fixings, and screws market and pick something else up. You can still go to a car repair shop to see a complete set, but it is unlikely they will give you info on where to buy screws and bolts to work with the tires and mount them on the mounts. It's better to go to the stores than your friends who are good at it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom