Need Advice: Cleaning Leather Furniture

sm31

We've got a couple of cream/beige colored leather couches in need of cleaning... not badly soiled or anything, it's just time to clean them. So I purchased a bottle of cleaner & another bottle of conditioner from the "Chemical Guys". It didn't do shit. Compared to my test cushion, I got almost the exact same results with straight water (which wasn't much either). $25 down the drain.

Can y'all recommend a cleaner strong enough to actually work that won't destroy the leather? Thank you!!!

Tixslam

You might try a western wear store for something to be used on western boots. I use the stuff from Boot Barn on exotic leathers and have good results, whatever you wind up with try it on a hidden surface to make sure there is no discoloration.

sm31

That is a fantastic idea!! I figure anything that'll clean a saddle will for sure work on my couches! (y)

My guess is, they have products that require an iota of brains & responsibility... IOW, cleanup & condition directly afterward to avoid permanent damage to the leather.

I'll update with what I find out. Thanks again!

kevman65

Hooked
You can go to a furniture store and get their "brand" but I found out a LONG time ago the stuff at the tack shop is better AND cheaper.

Top Bottom