Need a confirmation from the JK Gods (experienced Jk owners)

thardy

Banned
Rock Krawler, MetalCloak, and Terraflex don't seem to think it's an issue. These are all from there top line 3-3.5 inch lifts. So who's drinking the Kool-aid, the almighty EVO sect is. Don't be so close minded.

And lifted Jeeps are supposed to beat you to death with a stuff ride because "it's just how a lifted Jeep rides" right?

Most of the kits you lift have an adjustable trackbar. Going with a drag link flip also raises the track bar and eliminates the need for the adjustable trackbar. Not to mention it raises both out of the line of potential trail damage. Why are you being so "close minded"?

rinkishjk

I ran a drag link flip and raised track bar mount back when I had a 2" tf spacer lift. Made a huge difference in on road handling and control. No one recommended that to me. My knowledge did. Of course I must know nothing at all...

BeachJK

There also the ones who blame there faulty tire carrier on the installer. Keep believing everything u read.

I don't believe everything I read, but when most of the industry says the same thing I listen. If I only looked at one specific manufacturers opinion that would be narrow minded.

The Kool aid comment was crossing the line and I apologies.

But, I stand by what I wrote when I felt the OP was getting in accurate information.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I don't believe everything I read, but when most of the industry says the same thing I listen. If I only looked at one specific manufacturers opinion that would be narrow minded.

The Kool aid comment was crossing the line and I apologies.

But, I stand by what I wrote when I felt the OP was getting in accurate information.

How about you take into consideration people who have actually benefitted from installing a drag link flip, myself included

It's one thing to listen who what "most of the industry says" it's another to listen to people who have actually done it.

It would be like listening to you and your unqualified advice thus far

BeachJK

How about you take into consideration people who have actually benefitted from installing a drag link flip, myself included

It's one thing to listen who what "most of the industry says" it's another to listen to people who have actually done it.

It would be like listening to you and your unqualified advice thus far

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443017893.320789.jpg i do have a drag link flip, and I've done all the work myself except gears. I'm plenty qualified.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
...keep drinking the EVO coolaid.

Welcome to WAYALIFE! It's great to see that in the over 2 years you've been a member here, your first post was to enter into a giveaway and then your other 14 were made here on this thread. Of course, when you hear something you don't like, everyone you don't agree with must be a "coolaid" drinker. :cheesy:

Panda

Wait isn't a drag link flip cheaper than a adjustable track bar? A drag link flip corrected 4 problems for me, parallel drag link, center axle, better sway bar angle, and raised the ss up out of harms way, but I'm just a kook aid drinker who likes to waste money :idontknow:

BeachJK

Welcome to WAYALIFE! It's great to see that in the over 2 years you've been a member here, your first post was to enter into a giveaway and then your other 14 were made here on this thread. Of course, when you hear something you don't like, everyone you don't agree with must be a "coolaid" drinker. :cheesy:

I've been following your adventures for about 5 year and give you much respect. Even you can be wrong sometimes, remember the old EVO, Rebel bolt on coilovers debacle. All I did was correct a commit that some how a drag link flip will fix a tracking issue and then gave my opinion about what I know and learned about the necessity of at which height the OP should consider a flip while being attacked for my opinion.

I have Rock Krawler, Terraflex, and EVO gear on my Jeep. I apologized for the Kool aid comment. But determining my knowledge or experience based on my location or the amount of post I've put on here is unwarranted.

t8er

I had the standard RE lift with an adjustable track bar then I installed a drag link flip and then lastly did the control arm brackets (I know but cheaper than control arms). The drag link flip truly improved my steering feel and made it easier to keep it straight. Combined with the brackets it feels like a stock jeep steering wise. I'd say at 3" plus look into it.

thardy

Banned
But determining my knowledge or experience based on my location or the amount of post I've put on here is unwarranted.

What else do we have to go by for us to base your knowledge and experience off of, since you have not thought it necessary to introduce yourself and be an active member of the forum?

Top Bottom