Nate's Solar Yellow TJ Wrangler

NHarris

Well I decided it was time to part with the WJ and get something I've wanted since I was 15; a Wrangler. From the moment that I remember looking at cars all I wanted was a Jeep, but reality set in and I settled for a Ford.... :doh: After destroying the underside of my WJ after my brakes cut out (air in the lines), I made the choice to sell her. Now 5 years later I've been able to pull off my dream with this Wrangler. Its a 2004 Jeep Wrangler, Solar Yellow, and ironically its from Hawaii (then Idaho) being that Islander decals are plastered all down the hood; carfax verified. 103k miles and nothing wrong besides for the common rear main seal leak. Anyway...here's some pics.

And just in case it had never been off road... I went wheeling with it. Gotta break it in somehow!

Last edited:

NHarris

Well things are at a stand still... I was an idiot and got brake check by some asshole in a Toyota Tacoma and hit him at about 25 mph... Put a dent in his bumper and screwed up the Jeep's front end pretty dang bad... Having done body work I know its a borderline total loss... I'm hoping it won't total so I can do an AEV Highline kit on it as its almost the cheaper way to go... Either way I'm down the Jeep at the moment. If it totals I'm debating on just getting a 07 Rubicon or a LWB 06 Rubicon.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Well that rates 10 out of 10 on the bummer scale!:doh: All the best in getting your very nice ride repaired.:yup:

NHarris

Well the insurance decided to fix it! :wings: They're saying about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks to get it all back together. Unfortunately to save it they have to use a majority of CAPA aftermarket which I'm not thrilled about...basically everything but the cowl, windshield frame, and tail gate is getting repainted. So I'll at least have a Jeep with some fresh paint. Im excited about that... I'm stuck with a Ford Ranger for the time being which I am not liking in comparison to my Jeep. Can't wait to get it back and go back out on the trails!

mrmet1983

Well the insurance decided to fix it! :wings: They're saying about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks to get it all back together. Unfortunately to save it they have to use a majority of CAPA aftermarket which I'm not thrilled about...basically everything but the cowl, windshield frame, and tail gate is getting repainted. So I'll at least have a Jeep with some fresh paint. Im excited about that... I'm stuck with a Ford Ranger for the time being which I am not liking in comparison to my Jeep. Can't wait to get it back and go back out on the trails!

could be worse at least you will be back in action soon :rock:

NHarris

More good news to report back. I have a set of Sahara flares that are currently white that I wanted to get painted and put on; so since two flares have to be replaced at $77.00 each, I'm getting these painted Midnight Gray Metallic for nearly the same price. I'm having the shop cut down on the metallics since the Jeep isn't really a metallic color. Here's a picture of the color in comparison to my Wrangler. I think it will look way nice when its all done! The camera doesn't show the color well, but I know its the right color being that I went through multiple color samples to finally find this one!

NHarris

Making some progress on the Wrangler. Expected back mid next week!

Why not transplant a HEMI or 4.7 L6 Stroker while I'm at it! :D

NHarris

Its been a few months, but since winter has I've decided to start redoing the paint...again. I'm finishing off what was started in the fall. Turns out this Jeep was in a pretty decent wreck by what I can tell. Not sure who fixed it, or where, but there is quite the amount of body filler... Its just insane. There's fiberglass patches on the rear of the panel, so its making me wonder if its rusted through in a few spots. Whoever fixed this, needs to go back to school and learn a few things... I'd rather have bought this thing dented and fixed it then, than have to come in and redo someone else sh**ty work.

Keep in mind average mil thickness is 1.5-3.0 mils... Up to 12 if there are multiple layers of paint and primer or some body filler...

Sorry for the huge pictures... I didn't really want to resize em. :bleh:

Top Bottom