Napalm's Billet Steel Vol. 2! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Pictury Diary.

Nice! Great choice on the dedicated fund and paying off debt 👍

Pup looks awesome. Never met a black lab I didn't like. Which wheels and tires you looking at?

Good updates. Hope the tires/wheels work out for you.

Thanks man. If i can just keep them, I'm sure they will!!!

Nice! Great choice on the dedicated fund and paying off debt 👍

Pup looks awesome. Never met a black lab I didn't like. Which wheels and tires you looking at?

Yes sir! It was a great idea and seemed to work out well for you. For wheels, i'm looking at either the ATX Cornice or the Method Double standard in machined finish. For tires, It'll either be the BFG KO2s, the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, or the Cooper STT pros. The harder decision is whether to go 295 or 35. It's only a $182 dollar difference.

Congrats on the Lab Nathan Steel is looking great

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks man!!

Nate, How you liking those lights on the front bumper?

If I could get them to work, I'd let you know but I'm having some issues getting them wired or other projects getting in the way. I'm thinking about relocating them to the A piller though and putting a set of cubes on the front end.

Thanks man. If i can just keep them, I'm sure they will!!!

Yes sir! It was a great idea and seemed to work out well for you. For wheels, i'm looking at either the ATX Cornice or the Method Double standard in machined finish. For tires, It'll either be the BFG KO2s, the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, or the Cooper STT pros. The harder decision is whether to go 295 or 35. It's only a $182 dollar difference.

Thanks man!!

If I could get them to work, I'd let you know but I'm having some issues getting them wired or other projects getting in the way. I'm thinking about relocating them to the A piller though and putting a set of cubes on the front end.
You hated your gears with 35s. Why go back to that?

Oil change, five tire rotation, 3000mi spacer check complete! Also, got my new windshield banner installed :)
IMG_3262.jpg

I check my spacers at 90ft/lbs after originally torquing them to 95ft/lbs. if I have any movement whatsoever in the bolt, I pull it off and re-loctite and re torque. I had to do that to three of the bolts today, and after getting everything back together, I realized I torqued the three bolts to 100-105ft/lbs instead of 95ft/lbs.

So here's my question, Should I pull everything back off, and pull the bolts and re-torque to 95ft/lbs, or do you guys think they will be okay at 100-105ft/lbs for 3000mi until the next check? It was only 3 of the 20 spacer bolts and they weren't on the same spacer.

The torque range is something like 80-120 ft-lbs so you're just fine.

You check spacers everything 3000 miles? Had a bad experience or something?

Is it me or is that windshield banner a little crooked?

😂😂😂😂

You check spacers everything 3000 miles? Had a bad experience or something?

Is it me or is that windshield banner a little crooked?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Gotcha. Honestly, while messing with them today I considered pulling them off and selling them since I won't be using the Rubi rims after next year. It'll be a long year without spacers though!

Omg, yes!!

To both of you guys, it is unlevel, uneven, and crooked. And I don't even care. [emoji12]

If you do check out Peerless Tires. I think they are in Texas. The local DT I feel could not get or did not want to. I even got a road hazard Warranty, free rotation, and they matched internet price. When I rotate they knock it out over my lunch. I will definitely go back and recommend them.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oil change, five tire rotation, 3000mi spacer check complete! Also, got my new windshield banner installed :)

I check my spacers at 90ft/lbs after originally torquing them to 95ft/lbs. if I have any movement whatsoever in the bolt, I pull it off and re-loctite and re torque. I had to do that to three of the bolts today, and after getting everything back together, I realized I torqued the three bolts to 100-105ft/lbs instead of 95ft/lbs.

So here's my question, Should I pull everything back off, and pull the bolts and re-torque to 95ft/lbs, or do you guys think they will be okay at 100-105ft/lbs for 3000mi until the next check? It was only 3 of the 20 spacer bolts and they weren't on the same spacer.

Lookin sharp! And you should be fine with 100-105.

While I agree he should be fine with 100-105, 120 sounds a bit much for 1/2" studs.

Are you going to go with those sexy MasterCraft Courser's for for tires?

If you do check out Peerless Tires. I think they are in Texas. The local DT I feel could not get or did not want to. I even got a road hazard Warranty, free rotation, and they matched internet price. When I rotate they knock it out over my lunch. I will definitely go back and recommend them.

I'll check them out. I haven't made a decision yet since I won't be purchasing until next Memorial Day until the goal is reached before then.

Lookin sharp! And you should be fine with 100-105.

While I agree he should be fine with 100-105, 120 sounds a bit much for 1/2" studs.

Thanks for the input Eddie. I just wanted to make sure!

Steel is looking a little scrawnier this morning. After some thought and discussion, I decided to pull the SpiderTrax spacers. I won't need them when I upgrade wheels and tires, so I figured they'd serve me better as cash in my Jeep fund.
IMG_3310.jpg

I never felt comfortable running the spacers. After my precious experiences and just for piece of mind, I'd just rather not have to run them.

35s & Method Fund : 20% there!

Steel is looking a little scrawnier this morning. After some thought and discussion, I decided to pull the SpiderTrax spacers. I won't need them when I upgrade wheels and tires, so I figured they'd serve me better as cash in my Jeep fund.
View attachment 271784

I never felt comfortable running the spacers. After my precious experiences and just for piece of mind, I'd just rather not have to run them.

35s & Method Fund : 20% there!

What happened with your spacers before? And what kind where they?

Top Bottom