Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

After taking an injury at work, I haven't been able to do anything on my to-do list for Steel. I haven't even been able to drive hardly, LoL. This morning I decided to get her out and wash her.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470496347.684827.jpg

To-do list for next week:
Oil change
Alignment/toe correction
Doors off
D rings for the front/rear

Ouch, glad it wasn't worse and hope your doing good. That makes for one big headache! Hope Steel is good therapy :)

I had a roof eve fall off and hit me in the head while working a fire. After being evaluated and diagnosed with a concussion, they also found out that I was severely dehydrated.
Dang bud, sorry the hear that. Glad you came out of it on the highside. Be safe and hopes for a quick recovery.

Now, seriousness aside, isn't water consumption covered in like, gym owner 101, first day, chapter 1, paragraph 1!?!? ;)

Thanks man.

Thanks! I had a roof eve fall off and hit me in the head while working a fire. After being evaluated and diagnosed with a concussion, they also found out that I was severely dehydrated.

Glad you're safe homie. I have a bad habit of not drinking enough water. Also, being a EMTP you should know better than us EMTBs how important hydration is!!!!!

Ouch, glad it wasn't worse and hope your doing good. That makes for one big headache! Hope Steel is good therapy :)

She is!! Thanks!!

Glad your ok, Steel can wait till you recover.

Thanks! The more I sit and stare at her, the more mods I think of that I need!

Glad you're okay. And thanks for your work as a firefighter!

Thanks Mike. I'm glad too! I love what I do.

Dang Nathan hope you have a quick recovery and glad that your okay

Thanks David! It has been a quick and easy recovery!

Steel is patient. I'm glad the injury isn't worse and heal well!

Thank you! As am I, it could have been worse!

Dang bud, sorry the hear that. Glad you came out of it on the highside. Be safe and hopes for a quick recovery.

Now, seriousness aside, isn't water consumption covered in like, gym owner 101, first day, chapter 1, paragraph 1!?!? ;)

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I must have skipped that class ;) haha. Thanks guys!

Glad you're safe homie. I have a bad habit of not drinking enough water. Also, being a EMTP you should know better than us EMTBs how important hydration is!!!!!

LoL, I'm horrible at it. My Lt reminded me that if it weren't for that Eve falling on to my head causing my concussion, I might have never found the dehydration!

Glad your doing ok brother!

Thanks man!!

So, my next mod has now shifted gears. If I can, I'm going to try and find some Rubi wheel and tire take offs. I was sitting and looking at Steel this morning, and just found that that was what she was missing. It will be awhile(a long while) before I upgrade to 35s and I feel that better traction offroad will help me a little more than having a winch with the SRA tires.

If anyone has any, let me know!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Glad to be doing better!

So, my next mod has now shifted gears. If I can, I'm going to try and find some Rubi wheel and tire take offs. I was sitting and looking at Steel this morning, and just found that that was what she was missing. It will be awhile(a long while) before I upgrade to 35s and I feel that better traction offroad will help me a little more than having a winch with the SRA tires.

If anyone has any, let me know!

I'll keep my eyes out for some

I'll keep my eyes out for some

Thanks David. :)

You never know! My deal fell into my lap a week after saying the same thing!

I've been doing a lot of thinking and I wanna push my 35s back for awhile. I want to regear, add a rear locker, and gussets when adding 35s. Plus, I love the rubicon wheels. Whenever I do upgrade to 35s, I'll keep the rubi wheels. The BFGs will allow me better traction offroad and hold me over for a couple years.

Wow, just got caught up with your thread. Steel is coming a long, that's for sure! Sorry to hear about your injury, but also glad to hear that you're getting past it! Be safe!

Wow, just got caught up with your thread. Steel is coming a long, that's for sure! Sorry to hear about your injury, but also glad to hear that you're getting past it! Be safe!

Thanks man! I shouldn't have started because now I don't wanna stop. And it's all good, it's been a quick and easy recovery.

Glad you're ok man. Steel needs you healthy & safe!

Indeed! It's been an easy recovery! Wish you were closer so I could get those Rubi wheels from you!

Stripped down this morning!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470581795.857359.jpg

It has been decided that 35s will be pushed back in order to do some more smaller mods before them. They were coming at the first of next year, but things such as aftermarket shocks, gussets, saving for gears, and even possibly a rear locker have taken precedence. This is the first time the build plan has changed, and certainly not the last.

That being said, I still want to be more capable on trails and continue to lead newbie/beginner groups(because I love doing that). So, left in Stage 1 are a set of Rubi Take off wheels/tires and a winch. The take offs will give me better traction in the dirt and will give a beefier look. A winch is of course some of the most important recovery gear. After this, mods will be put on hold and wheeling will be first and for most.

I'm hoping to have this mostly completed before Christmas, I wish it could be sooner but as most of you know we are 10 days away from starting our own business.

So, stay tuned. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom