Name That JEEP Part

Something from a valve body?

That's pretty close. Not in the trans valve body but definitely in the trans. Specifically the 42RLE...

It is called a transmission oil cooler bypass valve. It's located in the trans case under the front pump. It allows the transmission to come up to operating temperature quickly by bypassing ATF from flowing into the cooler lines. Pretty cool huh?! No pun intended. LOL

This tool can be used on some fuel lines. Can you name the type of fitting?

Looks like a flare tool to me, but it's been 15 years since I flared anything. Not even sure if I could do it anymore. I see more flare on Office Space.

Looks like a flare tool to me, but it's been 15 years since I flared anything. Not even sure if I could do it anymore. I see more flare on Office Space.

Push lock fuel line disconnect tool?

JKBrick was very close to the correct answer! This tool looks very similar to the one to remove a fuel line push lock fitting but, it is not used for that application. I'll wait a bit before revealing what it's for. Note: It is used for a specific type of line and has a special name... :yup:

Last edited:
well, I'm sure this is an easy one... just happened to be a picture I had handy sitting in photobucket!

Here is one that I know any seasoned jeeper will get

Lol! Seems to be a common theme amongst us jeepers.

Here ya go. Pretty easy to identify, but the better question is what does it cause?

Great post!

Death wobble

Great answer!

Ha good one. I know that one all too well....

This ^^^

Indeed! Very awesome!

Couldn't agree more.

Here's one for everyone. They're not Jeep parts rather, they are Jeep accessories. Any guesses what these are?

1455241994650.jpg

Top Bottom