Name That JEEP Part

dillard09

Bingo! :thumb:
Yes! That's the first one I have got.
Edit...I know a little bit about those as I had a YJ that I made the A.C. into my built in air compressor. I sold the hardtop and don't have a soft top as it wasn't really needed in SoCal. So I wired the AC clutch up to a relay and put the inlet to the compressor to a filter and the the outlet to a manifold that I had under the hood. The manifold had a relief valve at 150, a pressure switch that was set at like 125 off and 75 on, a spot to hook up my air line for airing up, then ran to a 2.5gal viair tank I had mounted in the back. Worked really well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

J33Pguy

Edit...I know a little bit about those as I had a YJ that I made the A.C. into my built in air compressor. I sold the hardtop and don't have a soft top as it wasn't really needed in SoCal. So I wired the AC clutch up to a relay and put the inlet to the compressor to a filter and the the outlet to a manifold that I had under the hood. The manifold had a relief valve at 150, a pressure switch that was set at like 125 off and 75 on, a spot to hook up my air line for airing up, then ran to a 2.5gal viair tank I had mounted in the back. Worked really well.

That is genius! :rock:

WJCO

Meme King

That's a great idea. How did you keep oil in the compressor though?

dillard09

That's a great idea. How did you keep oil in the compressor though?
I used a small inline oiler upstream and an small dryer downstream. Didn't have to use much at first and then what my dryer would catch I would just add that much back in the oiler. It really didn't use much as I thought it would.

Top Bottom