My new Rubi, my new build

mds22

I got the opportunity to trade my 2014 altitude for a new 2015 and decided to take the deal. Instead of spending the money for Axles/lockers/gears/TC I thought I would rather just get a Rubicon and start over. The D44s and 4.10 should be fine for me since I'm only going with 35s and its my DD(trading the lower ratio that i need 5% of the time, for the lower RPMs 95% of my driving)
Here's a pic of my White Altitude
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438238002.470593.jpg
And he's my new Rubicon
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438238115.415627.jpg
Took on some light trails near where I live and the stock Rubi performs much better than my modded/lifted Altitude on 35s. Lockers over heated seats and remote start any day.

mds22

This is my first build thread and I'm going to be slow and thought out with my purchases this time around. Re-buying is the most expensive part of mods. Here is my plan of action in order.

Build list-
1) Small mods (hood latch, taillight guards, hood lift, head liner, back-up camera, relocate license plate, LED reverse lights, etc)
2) Leveling kit
3) EVO protec skids
4) EVO rockstar skids
5) Front lower control arm skids
6) PSC brawler light front bumper w/ skid plate
7) flat fenders
8) Nemesis billy rockers sliders
9) Spyder lock beadlocks w/ 35s
10) C-gussets
11) EVO fascia w/ D-ring mounts
12) Currie Tie Rod
13) dynatec diff covers

Wish list for way in the future:
Regear 5:13
37s
EVO tire carrier
EVO long arm DTD

Any thoughts? Anything I'm forgetting? Anything you would skip?

sean.m.adams33

I might move the c gussets up the list if you're gonna be getting the control arm skids welded too. Not NEEDED with stock wheels and tires but it wouldn't hurt.

mds22

I might move the c gussets up the list if you're gonna be getting the control arm skids welded too. Not NEEDED with stock wheels and tires but it wouldn't hurt.

Good point. They will be purchased together so they will probably go on together.

mds22

Got some small mods done.
-Rugged hood latches
-LED reverse lights(very bright)
-Hood lift kit
-Homemade stubby (18") antenna
-taillight guards
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438348208.397052.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438348271.706910.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438348221.140044.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438348235.868278.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438348247.607825.jpg

It's the little things that make the jeep. LOL

Last edited:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Good choice for your new ride.:yup: I think the e-lockers and 4.10's are a good compromise for 35's, at least 'til you decide to get more hardcore on the trails.:thumb:

mds22

FUEL DOOR- the most over-priced mod I've ever done. I had no idea they were so expensive.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438383691.027769.jpg

mds22

Needed to add a hitch to tow my trailer this weekend. Decided to paint that ugly exhaust. Love the difference. Surprised more people doesn't do this. Cost less than $10 for some high heat paint. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438441572.940393.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438441606.638561.jpg

jango

Nice Build so far!! My only suggestion for your build list is to possibly get a skinnier bumper than the brawler lite. Look into PSC's BFH series bumpers. That brawler may start to get in the way if you're doing a lot of wheeling in your future. I have the body armor front bumper and loved it for a long time. Now Im thinking about getting a VKS front bumper or the BFH trail stinger because of how skinny they are and the amazing approach angle. I hate doing things twice and this will be my first.

mds22

Nice Build so far!! My only suggestion for your build list is to possibly get a skinnier bumper than the brawler lite. Look into PSC's BFH series bumpers. That brawler may start to get in the way if you're doing a lot of wheeling in your future. I have the body armor front bumper and loved it for a long time. Now Im thinking about getting a VKS front bumper or the BFH trail stinger because of how skinny they are and the amazing approach angle. I hate doing things twice and this will be my first.

I did look at that. I picked the brawler lite because I loved the look, and think it will serve my needs. I also debated on the 1/4 pounder, but I think the stinger is a little big for me as my DD.

mds22

Got Paint happy... Since I'll be using the stock Rubi wheels for the next couple months or so, I decided to paint the inner part black. Looks much better IMO.
Before and after (still not finished) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438565830.064321.jpg

mds22

Another small mod...

Blacked out my side marker lights. $15 for the nite-shades paint is better than $100 for black LEDs since I'll be going with flat fenders in a little while anyway. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438813397.827827.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438813418.152882.jpg

Top Bottom