My NEW fender trim self mod....

man that does look good ... thought about doing my Sahara Fenders when i get a little larger tires ... :rock:

I bet the 3 inch trim like what I did to mine would look better than the traditional fender trim on a Sahara

@Phillip*AZ* I Like the black trim detail on those.. Good Job...

Whoaah! No no no.. I got those pics as an example. That is not my Jeep, I cannot take credit for that. I just liked the look and saved the pics to my phone. Someone asked what trimmed painted fenders looked like and I had the perfect example...

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Whoaah! No no no.. I got those pics as an example. That is not my Jeep, I cannot take credit for that. I just liked the look and saved the pics to my phone. Someone asked what trimmed painted fenders looked like and I had the perfect example...

In any case, good example to find.

For those of you that are doing the trim on the stock black fenders, I recommend using this!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363290093.902758.jpg
It is designed for use on plastic, but be sure you use an adhesion promoter before the Trim Black. Here are the results you can expect.
Before:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363290210.725947.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363290227.688817.jpg
After:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363290269.303034.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363290292.826038.jpg
It has a slight sheen in the sun, but they look like brand new pieces.
Here is a shot of my fender and unpainted rear bumper to show the improvement.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363290400.241922.jpg

Last edited:
I got the Trum Black at Napa, but Im sure your favorite parts store will care a similar product.

For those of you that are doing the trim on the stock black fenders, I recommend using this!
View attachment 19776
It is designed for use on plastic, but be sure you use an adhesion promoter before the Trim Black. Here are the results you can expect.
Before:
View attachment 19778
View attachment 19779
After:
View attachment 19780
View attachment 19781
It has a slight sheen in the sun, but they look like brand new pieces.
Here is a shot of my fender and unpainted rear bumper to show the improvement.
View attachment 19782

http://www.turtlewax.com/detail-ICE Liquid Wax-42-88.aspx.

This stuff REALLY good on the plastics too. I actually use it on the entire exterior of the vehicle...plastics, paint, metal fenders...everything. Shines up nice and it's an easy application. Does wonders on the hod latches too. Just my $.02.

Big Rick

Though that is a good product, it will eventually wash off and you will need to reapply.. It will be a couple years be fore I have to do my plastics again.

That's really cool. I have never seen it before. Is it prone to cracking and pealing or just fading?

Currently I am heavily invested in Mother's "Back to Black" and use it both on all of my vehicles. It does keep the fenders looking good, but mine is also garage kept, both at home and at work.

That is a good product, however SEM does make a urethane bumper coater for flexible substrates I'm just not sure about the type of material the flares are made of. You might have to use some type of prewash before applying. If that trim paint is working....go at it. Looks good!:)

Top Bottom