My first run was unsuccesful

Helipilot2

Champion Copper is what I've always used, in the past for racing and currently in everyday use rigs and never had problems and heard others just the other day recommend them....but all that means I can't speak for other brands...! To me, I'm old school, antifreeze / coolant was the same as I just bought Prestone 'green' and never had problems. The problems start with letting it go to long and some just keep adding water over time and diluting it down to where the 'hard' water starts to leave minerals on your cooling tube which will plug them and reduce the heat transfer.

Should I just go with a pre diluted green coolant and call it a day? Is there anything else I need to replace in the cooling system? Tomorrow I am picking up Radiator, upper and lower hose, thermostat, and water pump. I also believe I have a solution to my fuel issue. I never thought about it until I was on the phone with someone today. I have a feeling the electric fuel pump my uncle put on the driver side fender is getting so hot its causing vapor lock. I looked at it today and followed the line to my 2nd filter and noticed its practically sitting on my headers. I have a feeling I have a fair amount of Vapor Lock going on in that section due how hot the engine has been running. Going to replace all the above plus remove electric fuel pump, replace both fuel filters, mechanical pump and fuel line from mechanical pump to carb and reroute it away from headers. If that doesnt do the trick then I am going to rebuild the carb and clean the tank. From there if issues still arise it will be time to check the timing and dig deeper into the motor :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom