My first Rausch Creek trip

UndeadJeeper

This past weekend I went down to PA to visit my in-laws. In a stroke of amazing luck, they also happen to live near Rausch Creek so we made a day of it on Sunday.

This was my first time down to Rausch Creek and we had Kyle leading the way with a group of (I think) 8 Jeeps - ranging from a bone stock Sahara to my 3.5" lift w/35s and the biggest one there was a 3.5" lift w/37s. I was a little nervous because most of the stories I'd heard from people were about what parts of their Jeep they had broken or ruined while out on the trails, but as many of you know - Kyle knows exactly what he's doing and I learned a tremendous amount of techniques. He actually spent a decent amount of time showing me how to get traction on a hill without my front lockers on, which felt a little like the math teacher explaining why you learn how to do stuff the hard way before you learn the shortcuts... Loved this trip!

This is a shot of the Jeep lined up at the end of the group the morning of the trail run. It was just barely pushing 40F and nobody wore anything but short sleeves. Thankfully it warmed up later in the day and it turned out to be a perfect day.
DSC_1746 copy.JPG

Speaking of perfect days... I love this picture. Nothing hard about the trail, but I love that fall "tunnel of trees" look.
DSC_1751 copy.JPG

This is about halfway up a hill climb obstacle on the Northeast portion of the property. Kyle is giving me traction control tips.
DSC_1768 copy.JPG

Victory after the hill climb
DSC_1775 copy 2.JPG

This one is one of my favorites because of the quote that goes with it. We started to slide into this washout from the top and my stepdaughter looks down and says, "Who needs a rollercoaster when you can drive a Jeep?". Damn straight.

Loved every minute of it there and definitely plan on coming back again the next time we need to visit the in-laws :rock:
DSC_1785 copy.JPG

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
glad you had a great trip! Kyle is a great guy and a great teacher as you experienced. let us know next time your coming down so we can wheel with you!

UndeadJeeper

Will do. Next time I know I'm headed down there I'll see if there's some folks from here in for making a party out of it :)

UndeadJeeper

In CT? No. It's illegal to use public land for off-roading up here, so the clubs basically try and secure rights to exclusive use private land. The best we get this far north is public roads that are no longer maintained. There's some better trails up in MA and further north in NH and VT but it's pretty scarce in CT.

sti2jkur

Hey undeadjeeper i was the black lifted rubi (Matt) in your group. Great day out on the trails..here's a pic I took of your rig.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383104668.641918.jpg

Top Bottom