My Dynomax Quiet Crawler Modified Install

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
A V8 installed is about the price of one year away at a state school these days. I’d be making out like a bandit on the deal.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow... I’m over here telling my kid he can get whatever Jeep he wants as long as he puts up half in cash and I’ll match it... you’re over here wagering with v8s... I’m beginning to see the reality of Just Empty Every Pocket. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Anyone on here have an opinion on welded vs just using clamps? I don’t have a welder and am wanting to do this soon. I also don’t want to pay a welding shop an arm and a leg to get it welded haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Anyone on here have an opinion on welded vs just using clamps? I don’t have a welder and am wanting to do this soon. I also don’t want to pay a welding shop an arm and a leg to get it welded haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Weld it if you can. I had to tighten mine several times. MSJKU11 owns it now, and I think he’s had to tighten them, too.

USMC Wrangler

If you get good clamps you shouldn't have any issues. I bought these clamps from Pypes and have never had to tighten them after the initial install. Check the size - this is just an example. I bought all of my parts through Summit as well but doesn't look like they carry Pypes stuff anymore.

https://pypesexhaust.com/i-23437228-2-25-x-1-wide-stainless-band-clamp-hvc25.html

Those look really similar to the clamps that came with my Dynomax kit. I’m still shy of 6 months since the install, but they haven’t loosened up yet.

2013 JKU Sport S, named Spider

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
The clamps you had Clay never got loose but the pipes going into the muffler needed an extra clamp. I installed one on either side of the muffler sitting flush and haven't had anymore issues. I wouldn't think you need to weld them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JKbrick

Might be following these instructions sometime soon

What clamps did you use when you installed it? The DynoMax clamps?

The clamp that came with my muffler was for where the pipe went into the muffler so it was stepped from OD to ID. It also had a ring of tar or something in it I’m assuming to seal the joint. That’s why I moved it last night right after driving it

kyle521

Does anyone have sound clips of this? I completely smashed by stock one and now its straight piped and loud. Whats the all in cost looking like?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Okay I'm getting the parts together to run this set up. According to my google searches the resonator is supposed to go before the muffler.?? Is there a reason everybody did the opposite? Thanks

Bear_JT

Hooked
Okay I'm getting the parts together to run this set up. According to my google searches the resonator is supposed to go before the muffler.?? Is there a reason everybody did the opposite? Thanks
This way with the resonator after the muffler really fits best. It also doesn’t matter that it’s after the muffler. It works out good.

wjtstudios

Hooked
This way with the resonator after the muffler really fits best. It also doesn’t matter that it’s after the muffler. It works out good.
That’s the way mine is set up. It just fits better that way

daelivingforjesus

I know I am bringing this thread back from the dead but I had my eye on it for a while with the intention of building a quiet crawler system for my 2011 JKUR. I had been running a straight pipe with a flowmaster axle back exhaust delete. Between the 3 hours of drone when driving to rock crawl, not being able to hear the radio when I accelerate, and the fact that I am going to be pulling a trailer more it was time to do something. I was planning on doing the quiet crawler setup but wasn't crazy about the exhaust dumping right at the axle and really wanted to keep the flowmaster tip (it dumps right at the back bumper). It didn't seem like I could make the quiet crawler work with the flowmaster tip so I improvised and wanted to share my setup. I used a resonator and muffler off amazon, clamped them together and they fit perfectly in the straight section of pipe in my factory exhaust. So far the decrease in noise/drone has been amazing and I am pleased. I am including links and pics if anyone is interested. Hope it helps someone. I did cut about 1 inch in the end of the resonator before I clamped it to the muffler with the nickson exhaust clamp but this was personal preference.

Exhaust tip

Clamp

Muffler

Clamp

Resonator

Clamp

Attachments

• PXL_20231121_132231374.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20231121_132231374.NIGHT.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20231121_132246847.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20231121_132246847.NIGHT.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20231121_132324778.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20231121_132324778.NIGHT.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20231121_132352658.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20231121_132352658.NIGHT.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 11

WJCO

Meme King
I know I am bringing this thread back from the dead but I had my eye on it for a while with the intention of building a quiet crawler system for my 2011 JKUR. I had been running a straight pipe with a flowmaster axle back exhaust delete. Between the 3 hours of drone when driving to rock crawl, not being able to hear the radio when I accelerate, and the fact that I am going to be pulling a trailer more it was time to do something. I was planning on doing the quiet crawler setup but wasn't crazy about the exhaust dumping right at the axle and really wanted to keep the flowmaster tip (it dumps right at the back bumper). It didn't seem like I could make the quiet crawler work with the flowmaster tip so I improvised and wanted to share my setup. I used a resonator and muffler off amazon, clamped them together and they fit perfectly in the straight section of pipe in my factory exhaust. So far the decrease in noise/drone has been amazing and I am pleased. I am including links and pics if anyone is interested. Hope it helps someone. I did cut about 1 inch in the end of the resonator before I clamped it to the muffler with the nickson exhaust clamp but this was personal preference.

Exhaust tip

Clamp

Muffler

Clamp

Resonator

Clamp
Sorry you had to shop at extreme terrain but glad you were able to build what you wanted.

Top Bottom