Moving to Maryland - is it Jeep hell?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the neighborhood.

Look me up when you get here.

Yeah, MD is effectively Jeep hell. There are some back wood places locals in the rural counties go and ride through, but there's only a couple official spots to wheel and they aren't really like Rausch Creek.

Rausch Creek is like 2.5 hours away. AOAA is about 3. Big Dogs is almost 3. There's a state park in VA that you can get a badge at that's about 3 hours away.

We have a lot of clubs here too. I started an interest group to differentiate what we're trying to do from the clubs. Once you get involved with the clubs here, you'll see why an interest group though way smaller, is having a better time with less drama.

Speaking of less drama, your avatar belongs to a competing forum and out of respect for this one, I'd appreciate it if you would be kind enough to change it. Also, I'd be grateful if you could re-read the rules of this forum here:

https://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules

Thank you.

Ixion

Speaking of less drama, your avatar belongs to a competing forum and out of respect for this one, I'd appreciate it if you would be kind enough to change it. Also, I'd be grateful if you could re-read the rules of this forum here:

https://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules

Thank you.

Yeah sure I'll change it. It was just one I found doing a google image search. Other than JK, I didn't see anything specific to anything so I grabbed it.

RioGrandeJK

Moved there from PA about 7 years ago. Lasted two years. Wasn't for us. Lived in Annapolis for 6 months then Kent Island for a year and a half. I worked in Baltimore and the wife worked in DC. The boost it gave our careers was good but it was rough living there. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ixion

There's some merit to living here. But, if you're used to running out the door and driving a short distance to the Jeep playgrounds, that's definitely not here.

Still, 3 hours in any direction will land you at an ORP and they are "trying" to accommodate the community by making some areas available. If you just want off the paved roads, there's a couple state parks you can ride in. You have to get a fishing or hunting license for a year I think and the side benefit is being able to run the fire trails and such at the state parks.

ChiliDawg

Moved there from PA about 7 years ago. Lasted two years. Wasn't for us. Lived in Annapolis for 6 months then Kent Island for a year and a half. I worked in Baltimore and the wife worked in DC. The boost it gave our careers was good but it was rough living there. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. It’s not a long term residency. I’ll probably only be there for a year, 18 months at the longest. It will be worth it long term. On the other hand, I’m going to get a chance to scratch another four ballparks off the list this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ixion

Thanks. It’s not a long term residency. I’ll probably only be there for a year, 18 months at the longest. It will be worth it long term. On the other hand, I’m going to get a chance to scratch another four ballparks off the list this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm not a fan of Baseball, but Camden Yards is pretty nice.

Top Bottom