Motech Gen V Startup

MOTECH

LFX engine

Somewhere I promised an LFX video, here it is. Over 300 HP with a 6 speed automatic transmission. Some variants are over 400 HP plus it is compact and light. We have much of the network online here including the cluster. We have the driver information center operational for guys that may want to install this in an older truck or muscle car. We have even had some success interfacing through Bluetooth.

dillard09

I just drove through Vegas coming back from CO, I so wanted to just drop my JK off with yall and catch a plane instead of having to climb another grade with semis passing me. :mad: That 100 Chinchilla powered 3.8 is gutless!
Keep up the great work guys. I have a piggy bank with Motech on it so the day will come!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Damn straight! Some of the most fun I've ever had driving a vehicle was an LS3 swapped into a completely stripped Nissan 240sx. 2000lbs car with 535 bhp!

I've always wanted to do something similar. Prob never will though. Don't have the time or money, those type of cars are way too small for my fat ass, and I'm more of a truck and 4x4 guy.

thardy

Banned
I've always wanted to do something similar. Prob never will though. Don't have the time or money, those type of cars are way too small for my fat ass, and I'm more of a truck and 4x4 guy.

Oh it wasn't mine. I just helped build it and beat on it, I mean test it, before it went to the owner.

Ddays

Hooked
I've been purposely avoiding clicking on that video and in a moment of weakness I did.....damn you guys! Those engine sounds are like the Pied Piper playing a tune.
Awesome! :thumb:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Oh it wasn't mine. I just helped build it and beat on it, I mean test it, before it went to the owner.

I've played around with a couple of peoples builds. Plus workin at the stealership I worked on hundreds of the LS family of motors. They make some stupid reliable horsepower for not much money. Then you get into the LS1s-LS9s and they make decent power in stock form. They are simple to work on too. At first they are intimidating because of all the wiring and such compared to the older stuff but once you figure them out it ain't crap. And I'd rather pull one of those motors than an older one.

I'm prob gonna go with a 6.0 build in a crawler someday. Would like to do one in the jeep also. And would love an 80s step side Chevy with one and twin turbos. Just to drive and piss people off. Not trying to go to the track every weekend or anything.

MOTECH

Another quick video of the Gen V 6.2 JK. Were learning the new technology that the Gen V engines employ. The brake pedal position sensors are critical to engine operation on these Gen V engines. The BBPS is used for torque converter control, torque management, cruise control and other functions. The engine will go into a reduced power mode without the BPPS.

A couple interesting notes:

You can't power break the engine in the traditional way, the ECM knows your on the brake pedal and limits torque. When slowing down the ECM knows how hard you are on the brakes and adjusts compression braking accordingly. The BCM, ECM and TCM all use BPPS data for various control functions, shifting, DFCO, etc.... The end result is a powertrain that has more power and uses less fuel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DG_1zJKDE&feature=youtu.be

caminton

Another quick video of the Gen V 6.2 JK. Were learning the new technology that the Gen V engines employ. The brake pedal position sensors are critical to engine operation on these Gen V engines. The BBPS is used for torque converter control, torque management, cruise control and other functions. The engine will go into a reduced power mode without the BPPS.

A couple interesting notes:

You can't power break the engine in the traditional way, the ECM knows your on the brake pedal and limits torque. When slowing down the ECM knows how hard you are on the brakes and adjusts compression braking accordingly. The BCM, ECM and TCM all use BPPS data for various control functions, shifting, DFCO, etc.... The end result is a powertrain that has more power and uses less fuel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DG_1zJKDE&feature=youtu.be

If you guys need a 2 door to test one of these out in, I volunteer.

MOTECH

Gen V

I just put a few miles on the Gen V 6.2 JKU. Very impressive, it drives different than the Gen IV's. The engine feels more aggressive. With the Gen IV engine the programming kept the rpm's as low as possible, then when you needed to accelerate the transmission would downshift. This annoyed some guys who were use to the older 4 speed automatics.

My first impression with the Gen V is how much torque it has. The torque is instant no matter what rpm you are at, you give it throttle and it goes, feels like a 7 liter engine. I'm sure the Direct Injection and especially the CVVT is responsible for this.

The transmission feels more traditional, it is not so quick to downshift like the Gen IV engines. TBH I have got use to my 6.2 JK and come to like the transmission shift because I drive so conservatively most of the time. But my impression of the Gen V 6.2 is it feels aggressive, it sounds aggressive probably due to the high compression. It has tons of power right off idle and it idles at 550 rpm. I felt the 4 cylinder mode come in several times and it's similar to the Gen IV engines just more aggressive. The brakes worked great even at idle due to the belt driven vacuum pump.

This engine is very impressive and has more power than a JK needs. If the claims are true about the mileage It's hard to think of any other powertrain that can offer so much, and run on regular gas.

caminton

Gen V

I just put a few miles on the Gen V 6.2 JKU. Very impressive, it drives different than the Gen IV's. The engine feels more aggressive. With the Gen IV engine the programming kept the rpm's as low as possible, then when you needed to accelerate the transmission would downshift. This annoyed some guys who were use to the older 4 speed automatics.

My first impression with the Gen V is how much torque it has. The torque is instant no matter what rpm you are at, you give it throttle and it goes, feels like a 7 liter engine. I'm sure the Direct Injection and especially the CVVT is responsible for this.

The transmission feels more traditional, it is not so quick to downshift like the Gen IV engines. TBH I have got use to my 6.2 JK and come to like the transmission shift because I drive so conservatively most of the time. But my impression of the Gen V 6.2 is it feels aggressive, it sounds aggressive probably due to the high compression. It has tons of power right off idle and it idles at 550 rpm. I felt the 4 cylinder mode come in several times and it's similar to the Gen IV engines just more aggressive. The brakes worked great even at idle due to the belt driven vacuum pump.

This engine is very impressive and has more power than a JK needs. If the claims are true about the mileage It's hard to think of any other powertrain that can offer so much, and run on regular gas.

How long do you think it will be until you have a turnkey kit available, or maybe a price estimate for an in-house swap?

Top Bottom