Mostly Road Build (trails in The future) have question

myrddin

Hi folks... before I get started I want to say please be mindful that this build is 99.9% road driven and more often than not 1-2 hours at a time... I have had it for a while and I buy bits and pieces as I go thinking one day I will replace it and convert to all trail... or I may trade it off, who knows... so trust me I know some things I say that I have done are not ideal for trails, especially rocks. That being said first off I wanted to say you guys rock, I really appreciate the helpful tips and helpful people on this site!

I have a 2009 JKU Rubicon 3.8, 6 speed manual trans. I'm currently running 35 inch Toyo Open Country RT tires on 18 inch Moto Metal Link wheels. I have the stock 4.10 gears but to help the 3.8 I have a RIPPMODS Supercharger, which really helps on the road. I have the Poison Spyder hood louvre and Smittybilt XRC Armor fenders. I have the teraflex spare tire carrier and also their front and rear trackbar. I have the 3 inch Evo Plush ride coils. Lots of other small things... As far as a regear I see on the gear chart 4:56 will put me close to where I was when all stock... but 4.10-4.56 seems silly, however if I go to 4.88 or 5.13 I will be screaming down the road when on trips for work... With that said I wonder if I should just keep the 4.10 and work on other things till I go to 37's? I would also like to add things like onboard air and some lockable storage too... and I would like to get better front and rear bumpers... I know most of you guys are hardcore, I'm not there yet... but I hope to be someday when I can dedicate something to all trail... till then, I enjoy working on my JK in my garage with my son or on nice days just to have something to do. Another thing I think would look really cool is to get it linexed or whatever it's called in an Urban camo kind of theme... would be cool.

you folks have some really nice Jeeps... it would be awesome to have a hardcore JK... someday I might... but for now I'm trying to enjoy what life has to offer me :)

I don't have any recent pics but here is an old one...

Sadly I have only done trails once with my son... he loved it... I would like to get him out again :) something about trail riding what you drive is kind of scary for me, I envisioned getting stranded in the woods with no way home... :)

Thanks for all of the helpful info in this forum... I hope some time I can chime in and offer some helpful advice of my own for someone...

I will post pics of my Jeep from time to time in this thread if that's ok, just be kind with your response, keep in mind I haven't made it to prime time just yet... it's just a daily driver. I hope this kind of post is OK, just my way of trying to be more active on your forum.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome! No need to apologize for your Jeep man. Looks great and we all have things we'd change.

I'd stick with 4.10 gears till you decide to go to 37s unless you just have the money lying around and want to do 4.56

I read your whole post. It sounds like you are exactly where you need to be with your Jeep. I wouldn't change a thing for what you use it for.

Thank you both (GraniteCrystal,WJCO) for your feedback... I thought the same but wanted to see what others said. Appreciate the feedback... I may start looking at how to add onboard air next... looks expensive... not sure if external or internal is better for mounting... will research. I will post pics if I add anything cool... thanks again this is a cool site, neat app for the iPhone too!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

i'm no expert but your Jeep sure sounds great for the use you want to use it for as of now.

Find some friends then Go out and wheel that thing !

Top Bottom