MOPAR LED Fog Light Adjustment.

vernnz

How do you do it? This is on a Mopar complete bumper assembly. I did not replace or install the fog lights. They came installed in the bumper from the factory.

I searched this forum and google. I mostly found results on how to adjust JK fog lights. I guess there is a hole in the bottom of the bumper and you use a long Flat tip screwdriver.

I took the below pic of what looks like an adjuster at the back of the fog light. I tried a Philips bit and the bit does grab but it did not budge. I put a reasonable amount of torque on it. I tried clockwise and counterclockwise. It didn't budge. It also appears to accept an Allen. Any advice is welcome. Maybe they are just torqued to their lower limit?

20211031_103506.jpg

And after a closer look it appears to also maybe accept some type of splined shaft. I wonder if other uses of these fogs are remotely adjustable.

I need to crank them up. Their incredible cut off is seen on the asphalt 20' in front of the truck.

Thanks,

Vern

WJCO

Meme King
I have a sport, it's different looking than yours but is definitely a Phillips. I just tried it and could watch the metal threaded portion move. Didn't take any torque at all hardly.

KIMG0984.JPG

vernnz

Interesting. You have what appears to be the splined face that would plug into mine...but you don't have the associated adjuster on the light.

Ok. Going to try it again. Maybe try an Allen to loosen things up.

Thanks,

Vern

vernnz

I have a sport, it's different looking than yours but is definitely a Phillips. I just tried it and could watch the metal threaded portion move. Didn't take any torque at all hardly.

View attachment 368443
Thank You!!! They were bottomed out pretty hard. A light <snap> when they released and now move freely. Will dial them in after dark.

Thanks

I didn't realize they could be adjusted. I have a rubicon with a plastic bumper. I'll have to take a look and see if I can do the same.

vernnz

On my plastic bumper the halogens are under a plastic cover. No idea about their adjusters.

The pic above is passenger side looking straight forward at the rear of the LED module. A small adjustment turning just 90 degrees makes a substantial difference.

Now that it is loosened I don't need a screwdriver handle. I can turn them with a long Philips bit.

Vern

Top Bottom