Mojave wheeling trip (sometime between 4/12-4/20)

My brother and I are planning a trip up to Mojave over spring break (between 4/12 and 4/20) and would like to send this out as kind of a feeler if anybody is interested in coming. We plan to follow the route that Eddie took many of us on during the 2014 kick- off run, starting at the 15 and ending on the 40 at ludlow. More details to come as I'm not sure of my work schedule or his but it will probably be a weekend wheeling trip.

Thanks,
Sean

If you have the time you should go farther out. There is some cool stuff along the mojave road.

I've been wanting to see the old school bus, some old building, and possibly some mines out there but don't have the knowledge of the area just yet. Any guidance would be appreciated! My brother will be in his 2012 ford f150 2wd so nothing serious can be done on this trip

I've been wanting to see the old school bus, some old building, and possibly some mines out there but don't have the knowledge of the area just yet. Any guidance would be appreciated! My brother will be in his 2012 ford f150 2wd so nothing serious can be done on this trip

I did Mojave Road for the first time over MLK weekend in January. I think I'm going to do it annually on that weekend.

The bus is much closer to the Az end. That book you have the link to is a MUST. My version of the book was the printing before the version my friend has in the other Jeep. His version had the GSP, and it's funny comparing them, as the distances were different in each. One of the great side trips from the Mojave Road is the cima lava tubes.

Here are my photos, if you're interested: http://www.rivertoys.com/mojave_road_0114/ We start at my place in Mohave Valley Az, and ended at Afton Exit on the 15. We didn't get on the road until about 10am, next time I want to be on the Road about 7am, to put us into camp earlier. It was well after dark when we get to the campground.

Here's my video of the trip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyBLlcVkWQY

Last edited:
Thinking of going up to Mojave this weekend off between the 15 and the 40 where the kick off run took place. Anybody know how the conditions/weather are this time of year?

Any issues besides heat going this time of year? I saw ludlow is supposed to be right around 100° this weekend so I'd imagine it'll be a bit more than that

What kind of issues are you thinking? Shouldn't be any besides heat. Haven't had any rain to worry about flash floods or soggy conditions.

What kind of issues are you thinking? Shouldn't be any besides heat. Haven't had any rain to worry about flash floods or soggy conditions.

Basically that. My brother will be in a 2wd f150 on 35" all terrains so don't want him getting stuck anywhere. How are the rattle snakes/ other dangerous creatures when it gets hotter out there. Don't remember seeing any earlier in the year

Basically that. My brother will be in a 2wd f150 on 35" all terrains so don't want him getting stuck anywhere. How are the rattle snakes/ other dangerous creatures when it gets hotter out there. Don't remember seeing any earlier in the year

Are you taking the same route as the kickoff run? He will probably be fine but just bring a strap in case. I've never seen a rattlesnake before but I don't go to the desert in the summer.

Are you taking the same route as the kickoff run? He will probably be fine but just bring a strap in case. I've never seen a rattlesnake before but I don't go to the desert in the summer.

That's the plan, we will probably get lost a little bit but shouldn't have issues finding our way. Probably will pick up the book you recommended previously or find a map of the area. Always got my tow strap although I've never needed it. I'll send the girlfriend out to check for rattlesnakes before I get out of the jeep

Top Bottom