Model Feature Question:

LarryG

Replacing the axles and suspension, there is no reason to buy the rubicon. You will end up paying an extra $6,000 for axles (you are removing), suspension (you are removing), transfer case and swaybar disconnect. You can add an atlas transfer case (stronger and better than the Rubi case) for $2,500 and have $3,500 left for upgrades.

Don't waste your money.

Hallelujah!

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have a rubicon. If I was budgeting for axles, I would get a sport S with power everything, the alpine audio (best factory system I've heard, and cheaper than doing aftermarket), connectivity, and then do your dynatracs. 4:1 low range and some disconnects for the front sway bar.

I went Rubicon because I plan to keep the stock axles and lockers as long as they work, I'm okay with 4.10 gears, and the e-disco because I'm old and lazy. Rumor is resale is better on a rubi over a sport unless you find the right buyer who appreciates the mods.

The only options I kinda regret are the factory Nav (sucks), but it came with it. I did wire a backup camera to it, so that's cool. Also I'm finding I could have done without the hard top after I bought a premium soft top for it. It's cool to have both, but not worth the $2100 from the factory. $500 for premium and you're good to go.

Top Bottom