Modded jeep stock height/ tire size

jeepr13

EVO rockskins in place of sliders?

I know this would not be the ideal setup for hardcore wheeling, but until I can afford EVO sliders would the steel EVO rockskins provide a reasonable amount of protection on mellower trails? Love the look of them, extra body protection and the price is not bad at all!

p-3516-EVO-1047-4DBT.jpg

BaddestCross

I know this would not be the ideal setup for hardcore wheeling, but until I can afford EVO sliders would the steel EVO rockskins provide a reasonable amount of protection on mellower trails? Love the look of them, extra body protection and the price is not bad at all!

View attachment 248499
They'll protect the face of the tub under the rocker panels, and maybe help potential buckling from hitting something underneath, but the skins and sliders sort of work together as a system to protect the tub and pinch seam. If you can only afford one at a time, the skins are a good first step since they would need to be installed before the sliders anyway.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

PERS JK

If you have good sliders do the rockskins even offer any protection from ground items? ie rocks etc. With sliders and rockskins both, what items are the rockskins protecting you from?

JeepJeep75

IMG_7371.jpg Food for thought fellas: if you do go dragging your jeep over big rocks, you're gonna loose paint. This means repainting them occasionally so they don't rust. IMG_7410.jpg the sliders are easy enough to mask off. It would greatly add to the difficulty if I had to repaint skins too. Just something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom